Julian Sanchez Lucio
February 15, 1935 – October 7, 2019
Julian Sanchez Lucio, age 84, passed away on Monday, October 7, 2019 in Dallas, Texas. He was born on February 15, 1935 in San Benito, Texas to Augustina Sanchez and Juan Lucio. He married Carlota Casas in 1960 and the couple had four children.
Julian was a carpenter at Silva Brothers Construction in Dallas where he worked for more than 35 years before his retirement in 2001.
In his spare time Julian enjoyed working in his yard, visiting with his children and grandchildren, cheering on the Dallas Cowboys, and until recently picking up his hammer to help anyone with a construction project. Family and friends remember him as a very hard worker, a most humble person, a generous soul with a heart of gold, and a man who showed his strength through acts of kindness and compassion towards those around him.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Carlota, five brothers and two sisters. He is survived by his sister, Antonia Niño of San Benito, Texas, his four children and their spouses, Julian Lucio Jr. (Nancy) of Dallas, Sylvia Samarron (Victor) of Mesquite, Mario Lucio of Dallas, and Cesar Lucio (Alma Gabriela) of Mesquite, six grandchildren, Gabriel Lucio, Samuel Lucio, Victoria Samarron, Carolina Lucio, Gabriela Lucio, and Sarah Lucio, and one great grand-daughter, Sophia Lopez.
Rest In Peace, Julian Sanchez Lucio!
- Carlota Casas, Wife (deceased)
- Antonia Nino, Sister
- Julian Lucio Jr., Son
- Nancy Lucio, Daughter-in-law
- Sylvia Samarron, Daughter
- Victor Samarron, Son-in-law
- Mario Lucio, Son
- Cesar Lucio, Son
- Alma Gabriela Lucio, Daughter-in-law
- Gabriel Lucio, Grandchild
- Samuel Lucio, Grandchild
- Victoria Samarron, Grandchild
- Carolina Lucio, Grandchild
- Gabriela Lucio, Grandchild
- Sarah Lucio, Grandchild
- Sophia Lopez, Great Grandchild
- Mr. Lucio will be remembered, loved and cherished by many family and friends.
- Visitation Thursday, October 10, 2019
- Rosary Thursday, October 10, 2019
- Mass of Christian Burial Friday, October 11, 2019
- Interment Friday, October 11, 2019
Julian Sanchez Lucio
Elida Lucio Mendoza
October 11, 2019
My deepest sympathy goes out to all of you on the loss of your father. Though we cannot be there in person know that our hearts are with you in your time of sorrow. Tio Julian was a sweet man with a big heart and he will truly be missed. God bless you and comfort you always. -Elida
October 10, 2019
A great man that was admired by all. His brother-my dad cared so much for him. Love from our family to yours.