August 14, 1931 – October 8, 2020
Ruby Steen was born Friday, August 14, 1931 to Essie and Aaron Simpson in Giddings, Texas. Ruby moved to Dallas, Texas after she graduated from high school. She attended LVN school to further her education and began her career in nursing.
Ruby met and married Bobby Steen and to this union four children were born, Bobby, Jr., Isaac, Glen and Darryl.
She was a faithful member of Carver Heights Baptist Church for over forty-five years under the leadership of the late Rev. Tyler Carter and current Pastor, Rev. Daryl R. Carter. Ruby served in the Nurses Guild Ministry for several years where she received numerous awards.
On Thursday, October 8, 2020 Mother Ruby Steen received her call from her Savior to come home to Glory. She was welcomed by father, Aaron Simpson; mother, Essie Simpson; siblings, John Simpson, Edna Simpson, Mable Dixon, Lois Simpson, Jimmy Simpson, Aaron Simpson, Jr. and Marian Roberson.
Ruby Steen's Life and Legacy will always be remembered by her sons Bobby K. Steen, Jr. (Valetia), Isaac A. Steen (Rhonda), Glen G. Steen and Darryl B. Steen; her brother, Billy Simpson and a host of grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews and friends.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.laurellanddallas.com for the Steen family.
- Bobby K. Steen, Jr. (Valetia), Son
- Isaac A. Steen (Rhonda), Son
- Glen G. Steen, Son
- Darryl B. Steen, Son
- Billy Simpson, Brother
- Aaron Simpson, Father (deceased)
- Essie Simpson, Mother (deceased)
- John Simpson, Brother (deceased)
- Edna Simpson, Sister (deceased)
- Mable Dixon, Sister
- Lois Simpson, Sister (deceased)
- Jimmy Simpson, Brother (deceased)
- Aaron Simpson, Jr., Brother (deceased)
- Marion Roberson, Sister (deceased)
- Ruby is also survived by a host of grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews and friends.
Learn more about the Steen name
- Darius Steen, Active Pallbearer
- Braylon Steen, Active Pallbearer
- Brian Steen, Active Pallbearer
- Merick Steen, Active Pallbearer
- Noel Mayfield, Active Pallbearer
- Lee Dixon, Active Pallbearer
- Clay Gorden, Honorary Pallbearer
- Bobby Steen, Jr., Honorary Pallbearer
- Glen Steen, Honorary Pallbearer
- Merlon Dixon, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jake Armstrong, Honorary Pallbearer
- Isaac Steen, Honorary Pallbearer
- Darryl Steen, Honorary Pallbearer
Friday, October 16, 2020
Saturday, October 17, 2020
Saturday, October 17, 2020
October 13, 2020
LIFE IS THE GREATES GIFT THAT GOD HAS GIVEN US. DEATH IS ONLY A BRIDGE TOWARD ETERNAL LIFE. MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY GOES OUT TO GLENN AND THE FAMILY FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR MOTHER. MAY GOD GIVE YOU STRENGTH TO WITHSTAND THE SUDDEN SHOCK. LOVE YOU FRIEND..
October 12, 2020
Though words, however gentle, cannot take your loss away, may our thoughts and prayers help comfort you today. Sorry for your loss.