Lester Allen Edler
April 16, 1961 – April 2, 2021
Lester Allen Edler, 59, of Davenport passed away Friday, April 2, 2021 at Genesis East Medical Center.
A memorial service will be Friday, April 9, 2021 at 12 pm at The Runge Mortuary & Crematory. Memorials may be made to the family. Online condolences may be left at www.rungemortuary.com.
Lester was born April 16, 1961 in Iowa City, the son of Lester W. and Thata (Hoke) Edler. He was formerly married to Frances “Sam” Rockhold of Davenport, to that union were born two sons, Nick and Mike. Lester and Sam later divorced. He married Rhonda R. Weinert on October 28, 2005 in Rock Island. She preceded him in death on May 17, 2018. He worked for over 20 years at Sivyer Steel as a Heat Treat Operator.
Lester greatly enjoyed fishing and loved animals; especially cats and dogs. He was an avid bowler and bowled on area leagues. He was known for his hard work ethic and loved his family.
He is survived by sons, Nick (fiancé, Rhonda Rosenbaum), Rock Island, Mike, Davenport, stepchildren: Tammy (Lloyd) Raymond, Brian (Dawn) Glaudel and Candice (Ben) Nelson, thirteen grandchildren, three great grandchildren and siblings: Kevin (Dawn) Edler, Wheatland, IA, Linda Millhouse, Jessup, IA, Ron (Wanita) Millhouse, Ottumwa, IA, Bob (Dot) Millhouse, Batavia, IA, Karen Giberson, Ottumwa, IA, Doug Millhouse, Nebraska, Randy Cox, Oklahoma and a half sister, Karen Shogren, Iowa Falls, IA.
His parents, sister, Deb Smith and half sister, Cheryl Bohall preceded him in death.
- Lester W. Edler, Father (deceased)
- Thata (Hoke) Edler, Mother (deceased)
- Rhonda R. (Weinert) Edler, Wife (deceased)
- Nick Edler (Rhonda Rosenbaum), Son
- Mike Edler, Son
- Tammy Raymond (Lloyd), Step-daughter
- Brian Glaudel (Dawn), Step-son
- Candice Nelson (Ben), Step-daughter
- Kevin Edler (Dawn), Brother
- Linda Millhouse, Sister
- Ron Millhouse (Wanita), Brother
- Bob Millhouse (Dot), Brother
- Karen Giberson, Sister
- Doug Millhouse, Brother
- Randy Cox, Brother
- Karen Shogren, Half Sister
- Deb Smith, Sister (deceased)
- Cheryl Bohall, Half Sister (deceased)
- Also left to cherish his memory are thirteen grandchildren and three great grandchildren.
- the family
Friday, April 9, 2021
Lester Allen Edler
April 9, 2021
We are very sorry to hear of the passing of Les. We will always remember him cheering Kayley at her softball games.
He’s with Rhonda now free of pain & suffering.
The Nelson Family
Noah and Bentley DeShane
April 5, 2021
You will be missed Grandpa!!! We love you!!