Norma J Darnell
August 13, 1938 – August 31, 2019
Norma Jean Darnell, 81, of Davenport, passed away peacefully in the comfort of her home, surrounded by her family on Saturday, August 31, 2019. A celebration of her life will be held on Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 2:30pm at The Runge Mortuary. Memorials may be made to her family. Online condolences may be expressed at www.rungemortuary.com. She was born August 13, 1938 in Rutledge, TN; the loving daughter of Hurdle T. and Connie (Carpenter) Davis. She was united in marriage to Fred R. Darnell in 1962 in Tennessee; he passed away in 1994. Norma worked many years as a waitress which she just loved. In her free time she enjoyed reading and telling stories complete with hand gestures and cooking. She dearly loved her grandchildren and great grandchildren and was a very kind and giving woman. Those honoring her memory include her daughter, Billie Colton (John Mackey), Davenport; a brother, Phillip Atkinson, Hawaii; grandchildren: Seth, Nathan, Janalee, Jessica, Heather and Kendra and 11 great grandchildren. Norma was preceded in death by her parents, loving husband, son Steve, and sister Joann Shook. The family would like to thank Peterson Commons and Beacon of Hope Hospice for their loving care and compassion shown to Norma and her family.
- Hurdle T Davis, Father (deceased)
- Connie Davis, Mother (deceased)
- Fred R. Darnell, Husband (deceased)
- Billie Colton (John Mackey), Daughter
- Phillip Atkinson, Brother
- Steve Darnell, Son (deceased)
- Joann Shook, Sister (deceased)
- She is also survived by her grandchildren: Seth, Nathan, Janalee, Jessica, Heather and Kendra in addition to 11 great grandchildren.
- To the Family
- Funeral Services Saturday, September 7, 2019