August 4, 1948 – September 29, 2019
Robert Binkowski, 71, of Davenport, passed away Sunday, September 29, 2019 at Genesis East Medical Center. Memorial services will be held on Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 4pm at The Runge Mortuary & Crematory. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the American Breast Cancer Foundation (ABCF). Online condolences can be left at www.rungemortuary.com
Robert was born August 4, 1948 in Ashland, WI, the son of Felix and Dorothy (Nettelblad) Binkowski. He was united in marriage to Peggy Klemp on January 30, 1971 in Wausau, WI. He worked for the railroad as a trainmaster for many years. He enjoyed gardening, camping, fishing and cooking. He also was a Green Bay Packers fan. He enjoyed special times with family and friends around the bonfire and was a natural nature person.
Those left to honor his memory include his wife, Peggy; daughter, Angela (Mark) Shanahan, Ankeny, IA; son, Ryan (Katherine) Binkowski, Naples, FL; grandchildren: Elizabeth, Brannen, Abigail and William; brothers, James, Roger and Donald and a sister, Joanne.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Mark.
- Felix Binkowski, Father (deceased)
- Dorothy Nettelbald, Mother (deceased)
- Peggy (Klemp) Binkowski, Wife
- Angela (Mark) Shanahan, Daughter
- Ryan (Katherine) Binkowski, Son
- James Binkowski, Brother
- Roger Binkowski, Brother
- Donald Binkowski, Brother
- Mark Binkowski, Brother (deceased)
- Robert is also survived by his grandchildren: Elizabeth, Brannen, Abigail and William and a sister, Joanne.
- Funeral Service Thursday, October 3, 2019
October 2, 2019
I am so sorry to hear the passing of Bob but he'll always be remembered for all the good times we shared through the years. There wasn't a thing he wouldn't do to help anyone that asked and just enjoyed being around people. One of the nicest guys a person could ever meet. HE will be missed.