Shirley Joyce Schneider
February 28, 1930 – February 4, 2020
Shirley Joyce Schneider, 89, of Davenport, IA passed away peacefully on Tuesday, February 4, 2020.
Funeral services will be held at Trinity Lutheran Church, Davenport, on Tuesday, February 11 at 11 am. Visitation will be held one hour prior to service time. She will be laid to rest in Davenport Memorial Park Cemetery. Memorials may be made in Shirley’s name to Trinity Lutheran Church. Online condolences may be expressed at www.rungemortuary.com.
Shirley was born February 28, 1930 in Davenport, IA to Frank and Lydia (Westphal) Gamber. She enjoyed watching baseball games, especially the Chicago Cubs. Shirley was a lifelong member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Davenport. Shirley married Bernhart Ketelson in 1950 and they enjoyed 33 years of marriage until his passing in 1983. She then married Robert Schneider in 1991. They enjoyed traveling until his passing in 2017.
She enjoyed spending time with family and will be missed dearly by son-in-law, Robert Schwan; grandchildren: Robert (Myonggu) Schwan, Jennifer (Scott) Labath and Gretchen (John) Tecklenburg; as well as 9 great-grandchildren.
Shirley was preceded in death by her parents; husbands, Bernhart Ketelson and Robert Schneider; daughter, Candice Schwan; brother-in-law, Sherwood Anderson and sister, Mildred Anderson; along with nephews, Mark and Scott Anderson.
- Frank Gamber, Father
- Lydia (Westphal) Gamber, Mother (deceased)
- Bernhart Ketelson, Husband (deceased)
- Robert Schneider, Husband (deceased)
- Robert Schwan, Son-in-law
- Robert Schwan (Myonggu), Grandchild
- Jennifer Labath (Scott), Grandchild
- Gretchen Tecklenburg (John), Grandchild
- Candice Schwan, Daughter (deceased)
- Sherwood Anderson, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- Mildred Anderson, Sister (deceased)
- Mark Anderson, Nephew (deceased)
- Scott Anderson, Nephew (deceased)
- Also left to cherish her memory are nine great-grandchildren.
- Robert Schwan Jr., Pallbearer
- Robert Schwan III, Pallbearer
- Scott Labath, Pallbearer
- Troy Labath, Pallbearer
- John Tecklenburg, Pallbearer
- Sammy Labath, Pallbearer
- Trinity Lutheran Church
- Visitation Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- Funeral Service Tuesday, February 11, 2020
Shirley Joyce Schneider
February 7, 2020
Shirley was the sweetest most kind person. I spent a lot of time at her house growing up playing with Candy. Shirley & Bernie were in a neighborhood monthly card club with the Perlicks, Hoskins, & Jones, for many years. Lots of fun parties. Good memories.. Love you Shirley. 💔🥀🙏