Allen Joseph Comeaux
July 10, 1935 – March 23, 2020
DELCAMBRE - A Private Service will be held for the immediate family of Allen Joseph Comeaux, age 84, who passed away on Monday, March 23, 2020, at his residence in Delcambre.
Born in Delcambre on July 10, 1935 to the late Rene’ and Elleda Blanchard Comeaux, Allen was one of four sons. He was a kind and caring man who enjoyed the simple life of country living. Allen was a born and bred Cajun man who grew up along the waters of Delcambre. He owned and oversaw several shrimping boats throughout his long career as a fisherman and boat captain. Allen enjoyed the outdoors, especially when it came to his vegetable gardens. He would often share his crops with family and friends. Allen liked to play cards in his spare time.A loving husband, father, grandfather, brother, and friend, Allen will be truly and deeply missed by all those who knew and loved him.
He is survived by his loving wife of 61 years, Barbara Naquin Comeaux; grandchildren, Angelina Buras, Heidi Lovell, and Charen Campo; great grandchildren, Andrew, Chelsea, Ashley, Hailey, Gabrielle, and Allie; great great grandchild, Bentley and one on the way; brother, Eugene Comeaux (Zeda); and numerous nieces and nephews.
He is preceded in death by his son, Charles Lovell; parents, Rene’ and Elleda Blanchard Comeaux; and brothers, Lester Comeaux and Minos Comeaux.
Pallbearers will be members and friends of the family.
To view on-line obituary and sign the guest register, please visit www.evangelinefuneralhome.com.
Evangeline Funeral Homes, Inc. of Delcambre is in charge of arrangements.
- Barbara Naquin Comeaux, Loving wife of 61 years
- Angelina Burras, Granddaughter
- Hedi Lovell, Granddaughter
- Charlen Campo, Granddaughter
- Eugene Comeaux (Zeda), Brother
- Charles Lovell, Son (deceased)
- Rene Comeaux and Elleda Blanchard Comeaux, Parents (deceased)
- Lester Comeaux, Brother (deceased)
- Minos Comeaux, Brother (deceased)
- Mr. Allen also leaves behind to cherish his memory, great grandchildren, Andrew, Chelsea, Ashley, Hailey, Gabrielle, and Allie; great great grandchild, Bentley and one on the way; and numerous nieces and nephews.
- Will be members and friends of the family.