Isabelle Rodrigue Sonnier
August 13, 1928 – June 8, 2020
DELCAMBRE – A private graveside services will be conducted for Mrs. Jopseh “Bee” Sonnier, the former Isabelle Rodrigue, age 91.
A native of Henry and resident of Delcambre, Mrs. Sonnier passed away on Monday, June 8, 2020 at Maison Du Monde Nursing Home in Abbeville.
Born on August 13, 1928 to the late Joe and Aline LeBlanc Rodrigue, Isabelle was one of nine children. She worked briefly as a caregiver. Isabelle was a hardworking woman who enjoyed the simple life of country living. She liked fishing, camping, horseback riding, and cooking. Isabelle loved her family and friends very deeply and cherished every moment spent with them. She will be truly and deeply missed by all those who knew and loved her.
She is survived by her numerous nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her loving husband, Joseph “Bee” Sonnier; parents, Joe and Aline LeBlanc Rodrigue; brothers, Oscar, Harry, and Ernest Rodrigue; and sisters, Celine Colomb, Eunice Renard, Lorraine Langlinais, Mary Celia Rodrigue, and Amy Baudoin.
To view the on-line obituary and sign the guest register, please visit www.evangelinefuneralhome.com.
Evangeline Funeral Homes, Inc. of Delcambre is in charge of arrangements.
- Joe Rodrigue, Father (deceased)
- Aline LeBlanc Rodrigue, Mother (deceased)
- Joseph "Bee" Sonnier, Husband (deceased)
- Oscar Rodrigue, Brother (deceased)
- Harry Rodrigue, Brother (deceased)
- Ernest Rodrigue, Brother (deceased)
- Celine Colomb, Sister (deceased)
- Eunice Renard, Sister (deceased)
- Lorraine Langlinais, Sister (deceased)
- Mary Celia Rodrigue, Sister (deceased)
- Amy Baudoin, Sister (deceased)
- Mrs. Sonnier is also survived by numerous nieces and nephews.