Altha "Sue" Gibbs
June 23, 1945 – April 20, 2019
Altha “Sue” Gibbs, age 73, of Sherman, Texas passed away on Saturday April 20, 2019. Sue was born June 23, 1945 to Floyd and Bessie Eisenmenger.
Sue enjoyed her life to the fullest she enjoyed playing Bingo and going out dancing. She also enjoyed listening to country music. She was a hard worker and a jack of all trades. Spending time with family was important, family was her pride and joy, when telling Sue I Love you they could count on her reply of “I Love You More!”
Sue is survived by: her sons Floyd Davis and wife Laural; Clifford Adams; Rick Browder and wife Cheri; daughters Cyndi Davis-Mckay and husband David; Evelyn Adams; and Bessie Schwarze and husband David; brother Fletcher Eisenmenger, sisters Peggy Springfield and Liz Mayo; her grandchildren: Tracie Woodberry, Eric Davis, Amanda Miller, Jennifer Boner, Jeremy McKay, Shana McKay, Davy McKay, Danielle Williams and Eric Hash, Michael Williams, Thomas Williams, Garrett Browder, Caitlyn Browder, as well as 8 beloved great grandchildren.
Sue was preceded in death by her parents and her husband James Gibbs; grandchildren Scooter Harris, Zachery Childers, and Nicolas Williams
The family would like to invite you to a Celebration of Sue’s Life, this Monday the 22nd from 6pm – 8pm at Bratcher Funeral Home.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.bratcherfuneralhome.com for the Gibbs family.
- James Gibbs, Husband
- Bessie Stafford, Mother
- Floyd Eisenmenger, Father
- Fletcher Eisenmenger, Brother
- Peggy Springfield, Sister
- Liz Mayo, Sister
- Floyd Davis and wife Laural, Son
- Clifford Adams, Son
- Rick Browder and wife Cheri, Son
- Cyndi Davis-Mckay and husband David, Daughter
- Evelyn Adams, Daughter
- Bessie Schwarze and husband David, Daughter
- Tracie Woodberry, Grandchild
- Amanda Miller, Grandchild
- Jennifer Boner, Grandchild
- Jeremy McKay, Grandchild
- Eric Davis, Grandchild
- Shana McKay, Grandchild
- Davy McKay, Grandchild
- Danielle Williams and Eric Hash, Grandson
- Michael WIlliams, Grandchild
- Thomas Williams, Grandchild
- Garrett Browder, Grandchild
- Caitlyn Browder, Grandchild
- Scooter Harris, Grandchild
- Zachery Childers, Grandchild
- Nicholas Williams, Grandchild
- Sue leaves behind 8 beloved great grandchildren
- Celebration of Life Monday, April 22, 2019
Altha "Sue" Gibbs
April 22, 2019
My sister was a strong and influential women. She had the softest heart for anyone in need, but then she had the hardest of hearts when she was hurt. I got my strength to protect myself from hurt from her. To her it was a sign of weakness to show hurt it was always shown by toughness. I love her more than anyone knows and I will miss her with all my heart. For everyone that she touched their lives will never forget her.
Rest In Peace my sister, I pray we meet again on the other side.
April 22, 2019
You were a wonderful woman and i know you will be greatly missed . i will always remember what you did for myself and children , that just goes to show what kind of person you were . may you now go rest high on that mountain where their is no more suffering . Rest in peace Sue , you will stay in my heart forever .