Perry Allen Nichols
July 5, 1932 – April 13, 2018
Perry Allen Nichols, age 85, of Bells, TX passed away at his home surrounded by his family on Friday April 13, 2018. Perry was born Tuesday July 5, 1932 in Wills Point, TX to Lora Lucille (Powell) Nichols and Jewell (Bob) Stanley Nichols.
Family visitation will be 4:00pm to 5:30pm, Sunday April 15, 2018 at Bratcher Funeral Home in Denison, TX. Funeral services will be 2:00pm, Monday April 16, 2018 at Bratcher Funeral Home Chapel with Rev. Keith Taylor of Southside Baptist Church officiating and burial to follow at Cedarlawn Memorial Park in Sherman, TX with Military Honors performed by the U.S. Navy Honor Guard.
Serving as pallbearers will be Joey Allen, Lonnie Thompson, Harley Dillard, Judy Nichols, Jaylean Elliott, Phillip Walker, and Nathan Mitchell.
Perry served his country during the Korean Conflict in the U.S. Navy. After his Navy enlistment ended, he met and married Dorothy Geraldine Warden on March 20, 1955 in Clovis, NM and they began their family. He was the founder and owner of Perry's Used Cars for 22 years and was superintendent/troubleshooter at Sherman Foundry for over 30 years. He was an auto mechanic prior to his navy service. He was a member of Southside Baptist Church in Denison, TX and loved his church family and friends. Perry loved to hunt, fish, garden, raise animals and of course cars, but most of all he loved his family dearly.
Perry is survived by; daughter Neva Walker & husband Phillip of Denison, TX; daughter Judy Nichols of Denison, TX; grandson Joey Allen & wife Velvet of Bells, TX; and granddaughter Jaylean Elliott & husband Bill of Leavenworth, KS; sister Bobby Smith of Grand Prairie, TX; granddaughter Tina Dillard & husband Harley of Kemp, OK; grandson Lonnie Thompson of Denison, TX; grandson Scotty Thompson of Denison, TX; granddaughter Julia Horn of Denison, TX; and 24 great-grandchildren.
Perry was preceded in death by his parents; his wife Dorothy Geraldine (Warden) Nichols; brother Roy Gene Nichols; brother Freddy (Dutch) Nichols; brother J. L. Nichols; brother Donald (Donnie) Bruce Nichols; sister Billie Joann Hoffman; sister Freda Nichols and sister Linda Meek.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.bratcherfuneralhome.com for the Nichols family.
- Jewell "Bob" Stanley Nichols, Father
- Lora Lucille Nichols, Mother
- Dorothy Geraldine Nichols, Wife
- Bobby Smith, Sister
- Neva Walker & husband Phillip, Daughter
- Judy Nichols, Daughter
- Joey Allen & wife Velvet, Son
- Jaylean Elliott & husband Bill, Daughter
- Tina Dillard & husband Harley, Granddaughter
- Lonnie Thompson, Grandson
- Scotty Thompson, Grandson
- Julia Horn, Granddaughter
- Roy Gene Nichols, Brother
- Freddy (Dutch) Nichols, Brother
- J. L. Nichols, Brother
- Donald (Donnie) Bruce Nichols, Brother
- Billie Joann Hoffman, Sister
- Freda Nichols, Sister
- Linda Meek, Sister
- Perry also leaves behind 24 Great-Grandchildren.
- Joey Allen, Pallbearer
- Lonnie Thompson, Pallbearer
- Harley Dillard, Pallbearer
- Judy Nichols, Pallbearer
- Jaylean Elliott, Pallbearer
- Phillip Walker, Pallbearer
- Nathan Mitchell, Pallbearer
- Family Visitation Sunday, April 15, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, April 16, 2018
Perry Allen Nichols
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
April 15, 2018
April 15, 2018