Shirley L Henderson
April 16, 1935 – September 28, 2019
Shirley Logan Henderson
April 16, 1935 – September 28, 2019, when she passed away from surgery complications at Presby Dallas; born in Vivian, La; lived in Denison, Tx, Caddo, Kenefic, Okla and over the past 22 years in Durant, Okla.
Preceded in death by her Mother, Beatrice Carter Logan and Father, Posey Logan, Vivian, Louisiana; Husband, William H. Henderson, Denison, Texas and Son, W.H. Henderson, Caney, Oklahoma; one of nine children: brothers: Wayne Logan, Wesley Logan, Curtis Logan and James Logan; sisters, Nancy Logan and Dorothy Harris; surviving brothers Don Logan and Jerry Logan.
Surviving children: daughter, Sharon Brashears (Bill Brashears, deceased), Jenks, Okla; Brenda and Johnny Rhue, Broken Arrow, Okla; Sheila and Greg Richards, Sherman, Texas; son-in-love, Michael and Liza Perkins, Sanger, Texas; son, Charles Sartor, Yuba, Oklahoma; daughter, Dena and Johnney Weaver, Weatherford, Texas; Daughter-in-love, Sheila Mills and Anthony, Caney, Oklahoma; and bonus-son Rusty Geter.
Grandchildren: Jason and Kim Roberts, Calera, Okla; Michael Perkins, Jr and Hamilton Claytor, Sherman, Tx; Brandi and Jerry Jones, Aubrey, Tx; Cheyenne and Colt Lancer, Weatherford, Tx; Shelby and Kevin Day, Crowley, Tx; Tyler Childers, Rogers, Arkansas; Taylor and Matt Barreras, Calera, Okla. Ray Brashears, Jenks, Okla; Aaron Brashears (deceased); Lynnette Mefford, Bixby, Okla; John Allen and Linda Rhue, Broken Arrow, Okla; Angela and Keith Bland, Broken Arrow, Okla; James Rhue, Broken Arrow, Okla;
Great grandchildren: Logan, Reese, Landee, Camille and Elizabeth. Billy, Amanda, Nora, Kenneth, Allison, Tyler, Samantha, Jessica, Jacob (deceased), Joseph, Jameson, Mason, Kayleigh, Benjamin, and Joseph.
Shirley was of Baptist faith; graduated from Grayson Business College, Denison and worked along side of her husband, Bill Henderson, as Office Manager, Henderson Construction Company, Denison, Tx before relocating family to Caddo, Okla; they bought a store in Kenefic, Okla and named it Shirley’s Quick Stop. She loved the people and relationships she made over the years. Full of spunk, spirit, and compassion.
Shirley loved her Red River Care Team that came into her home over the past several years (Ashley and Tina) and the Aspire Home Health team. Shirley was such a beautiful spirit always caring about others and lived vicariously through her family and friends loved taking trips with Maxine and Sue. She loved spending time in her backyard tending to her flowers, shopping and spending time with her kids and grandkids. While living on the farm you could find her any day brush hogging, raising cattle, riding horses and so many other outdoor chores. Ms. Shirley loved reading her daily “Jesus Calling” devotion. Once a friend – a friend for life. Her daily tag lines were “just peddle putting around”…and “love you too”!
The family will be at Bratcher Funeral Home for visitation from 6 - 8 pm, Thursday, October 3, 2019. Funeral services will be held at Bratcher Funeral Home Chapel at 1:00 pm, Friday, October 4, 2019.
Pallbearers: John Allen Rhue, James Rhue, Jason Roberts, Michael Perkins, Jr., Jerry Jones and Rusty Geter.
Honorary Pallbearers: Jerry Henderson, John Rhue, Greg Richards, Michael Perkins, Johnney Weaver and Joe Culberson.
- Beatrice Logan, Mother (deceased)
- Posey Logan, Father (deceased)
- William H Henderson, Husband (deceased)
- Sharon Brashears, Daughter
- Brenda Rhue & husband Johnny, Daughter
- Sheila Richards & husband Greg, Daughter
- Dena Weaver & husband Johnney, Daughter
- Michael Perkins & wife Liza, Son-in-love
- Charles Sartor, Son
- Sheila Mills & husband Anthony, Daughter-in-love
- Rusty Geter, Bonus-son
- W.H. Henderson, Son (deceased)
- Don Logan, Brother
- Jerry Logan, Brother
- Wayne Logan, Brother (deceased)
- Wesley Logan, Brother (deceased)
- Curtis Logan, Brother (deceased)
- James Logan, Brother (deceased)
- Nancy Logan, Sister (deceased)
- Dorothy Harris, Sister (deceased)
- Ray Brashears, Grandchild
- Aaron Brashears, Grandchild (deceased)
- Lynnette Mefford, Grandchild
- John Allen, Grandchild
- Linda Rhue, Grandchild
- Angela Bland, Grandchild
- Keith Bland, Grandchild
- James Rhue, Grandchild
- Jason Roberts and wife Kim, Grandchild
- Michael Perkins, Jr. and Hamilton Clayton, Grandchild
- Brandi Jones and husband Jerry, Grandchild
- Cheyenne Lancer and husband Colt, Grandchild
- Shelby Day and husband Kevin, Grandchild
- Tyler Childers, Grandchild
- Taylor Barreras and husband Matt, Grandchild
- Billy, Amanda, Nora, Kenneth and Allison, Great-Grandchildren
- Tyler, Samantha Jessica, Joseph and Jameson, Great-Grandchildren
- Mason, Kayleigh, Benjamin, Joseph and Logan, Great-Grandchildren
- Reese, Landee and Elizabeth, Great-Grandchildren
- Jacob ., Great Grandchild (deceased)
- John Allen Rhue, Active
- James Rhue, Active
- Jason Roberts, Active
- Michael Perkins Jr., Active
- Jerry Jones, Active
- Rusty Geter, Active
- Jerry Henderson, Honorary
- John Rhue, Honorary
- Greg Richards, Honorary
- Michael Perkins, Honorary
- Johnney Weaver, Honorary
- Joe Culberson, Honorary
- Visitation Thursday, October 3, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, October 4, 2019
- Burial Friday, October 4, 2019
Shirley L Henderson
October 1, 2019
I had the pleasure of getting to come into Miss Shirley’s home twice a week and “work” around the house for her. Anyone that knew Miss Shirley knows that she was very independent and hated to accept any kind of help. Which means that I got to spend the majority of my time, at her home, visiting with her and getting to know her. She would share memories from when her kids were little and things they would get to do on the farm and she would share memories of tough times that she had gone through in her life. Most of our time spent was on a stool at her bar where we shared lots of laughter, some tears and started a friendship that I will cherish forever!!! I am truly thankful God put Miss Shirley in my life!!! I will miss her saying, when she opens the door for you to come in, “well come on in here honey!” She was one of the sweetest, realist, most genuine, faithful, and tell you like it is women I’ve ever met!! I loved her!!!❤️💙
Shelia and Kenneth Goshen
October 1, 2019
Shirley was a great neighbor and friend Shirley and I have some fun memories helping other neighbors ...we love her and her family