Elizabeth Sophie (Sundberg) Homola
September 21, 1929 – December 17, 2018
Elizabeth Sophie (Sundberg) Homola, 89, of Duluth, MN passed away on Monday, December 17, 2018 at Franciscan Health Center on Park Point in Duluth.
Elizabeth was born September 21, 1929 in Brainerd, MN. She moved with her family to Duluth in 1942 and graduated from Central High School in 1948.
Elizabeth was preceded in death by her husband, Fremont Homola; parents, Edward and Sophie (Rivers) Sundberg; sisters, Esther (Norman) Homola, Edna Sundberg, and Dorothy; brother, David (Irene) Sundberg; infant brothers, Carl and Paul; and an infant sister, Alice.
She is survived by her brothers, John (Elaine) and Daniel (Seija), both of Duluth, numerous nieces and nephews, 13 stepchildren, and a host of Christian friends.
Visitation will be 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM on Wednesday, December 19th at Old Apostolic Lutheran Church of Duluth, 5755 Ryan Road and from 10:00 AM until the 11:00 AM Funeral Service on Thursday, December 20th. Burial will be at Park Hill Cemetery. Please leave memories for Elizabeth’s family at www.bellbrothersjarvidowd.com
- John (Elaine) Sundberg, Brother
- Daniel (Seija) Sundberg, Brother
- Elizabeth is also survived by numerous nieces, nephews, 13 stepchildren, and a host of Christian Friends.
- Mark Sundberg, Active Pallbearer
- Martin Sundberg, Active Pallbearer
- Anthony Sundberg, Active Pallbearer
- Jim Sundberg, Active Pallbearer
- Charlie Sundberg, Active Pallbearer
- David Sundberg, Active Pallbearer
- Evening Visitation Wednesday, December 19, 2018
- Visitation Thursday, December 20, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, December 20, 2018