Santo Joseph Antonutti
April 29, 1940 – August 4, 2018
Santo J. Antonutti, 78, of Esko passed away on Saturday, August 4, 2018 at St. Mary’s Essentia. He was born on April 29, 1940 to Santo and Jennie (Stretar) Antonutti in Duluth.
Santo grew up in the Gary New Duluth community attending Stowe Elementary, graduating from Morgan Park High School in 1959. He served for two years in the United States Army stationed in the United States. Returning to Duluth he was employed at U.S. Steel until their closing, Del Zotto Manufacturing, and Midwest Patrol in security.
His passion was the hunting shack in the fall that was shared by his sons, grandsons, friends, and family for many years.
Santo was preceded in death by sisters, Lorraine Bakaric, and Tess Christen; brothers-in-law; and nephew.
He will be greatly missed by his sons, Santo L., Mark (Belenda Clark), and Scott (Julie) Antonutti; daughter, Angela (Jeff Chandler) Antonutti; grandchildren, Tony (Natalia), Luke, Rachel, Joey, Josh, Tanner, Kailie, Brett, and Ethan; four great-grandchildren; and sisters, Dolly Dutmer and Janice (Pete) Nelson.
Visitation: 11:00 a.m. until the 12:00 p.m. noon Memorial Service Thursday, August 9, 2018 at Bell Brothers Funeral Home, 601 N 56th Ave. West, Duluth. Inurnment will be in Calvary Cemetery. Please leave a memory of Santo or words of support for the family at www.bellbrothersfuneralhome.com
- Santo L. Antonutti, Son
- Mark (Belenda Clark) Antonutti, Son
- Scott (Julie) Antonutti, Son
- Angela (Jeff Chandler) Antonutti, Daughter
- Dolly Dutmer, Sister
- Janice (Pete) Nelson, Sister
- Santo is also survived by his grandchildren, Tony (Natalia), Luke, Rachel, Joey, Josh, Tanner, Kailie, Brett and Ethan; and four great-grandchildren.
- Tony Antonutti, Honorary Pallbearer
- Brett Buttrey, Honorary Pallbearer
- Tanner Antonutti, Honorary Pallbearer
- Luke Antonutti, Honorary Pallbearer
- Joey Antonutti, Honorary Pallbearer
- Josh Antonutti, Honorary Pallbearer
- Ethan Chandler, Honorary Pallbearer
- Rachel Antonutti, Honorary Pallbearer
- Kailie Antonutti, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Thursday, August 9, 2018
- Memorial Service Thursday, August 9, 2018
Santo Joseph Antonutti
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
Marilyn Brand Novotny
August 10, 2018
Just want to say goodbye to a fellow classmate from Stowe and Morgan Park schools. Prayers to his family. Cherish the many memories he left.
August 7, 2018
Scott, Julie and family. We are so sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Let us know if you need anything. Take care.
Jeff, Jackie, Jake and Joelle Majerle