BETTY RUTH JOHNSON
June 19, 1935 – July 20, 2020
Mrs. Betty Moore Johnson, age 85 of Turlington Rd., Dunn died on Monday, July 20, 2020 at Harnett Health Hospital in Lillington.
Mrs. Johnson was born in Harnett County on June 19, 1935 the daughter of the late John Henry Moore and Laura Williams Moore. She is preceded in death by daughter, Cynthia Johnson Bennett, Granddaughter, Scarlett Ruth Bennett and son-in-law, Tommy O. Bennett. She is also preceded in death by her sisters, Dollie Matthews, Hazel McLeod & Estelle Holmes and brothers, Paul, James, Frank, David & Ellis Moore. She worked at Raleigh Savings & Loan in Benson and then worked along side of her husband running J & M Heating and Air the family business. She was a member of Coats Baptist Church.
A Funeral Service will be held Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 11:00 am at Coats Baptist Church with Rev. Hollis Fedrick and Rev. Charles Sorrell officiating. Burial will follow in Devotional Gardens Cemetery.
She is survived by: Her Husband: Hoover Oscar Johnson of the home. Sons: Steven P. Johnson & (wife) Sherry of Erwin, NC Kent Johnson & (wife) Sue of Coats, NC Grandchildren: Jeremiah Johnson, Shanna Johnson, Teresa Gardner, Shelton Hamilton, Corinthia Williams & (husband) Justin, Amber Johnson, Jamie Bennett & (wife) Kristen 12 Great Grandchildren
The Family will receive friends Wednesday Evening, July 22, 2020 from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm at Cromartie Miller Funeral Home in Dunn. A Service of Cromartie Miller Funeral Home of Dunn NC
- John Henry Moore, Father (deceased)
- Laura Williams Moore, Mother (deceased)
- Cynthia Johnson Bennett, Daughter (deceased)
- Scarlett Ruth Bennett, Granddaughter
- Tommy O. Bennett, Son-in-law (deceased)
- Dollie Matthews, Sister (deceased)
- Hazel McLeod, Sister (deceased)
- Estelle Holmes, Sister (deceased)
- Paul Moore, Brother (deceased)
- James Moore, Brother (deceased)
- Frank Moore, Brother (deceased)
- David Moore, Brother (deceased)
- Ellis Moore, Brother (deceased)
- Hoover Oscar Johnson, Husband
- Steven P. Johnson (Sherry), Son
- Kent Johnson (Sue), Son
- Jeremiah Johnson, Shanna Johnson, Teresa Gardner, Shelton Hamilton, Corinthia Williams (Justin), Amber Johnson, and Jamie Bennett (Kristen), Grandchildren
- Mrs. Johnson also leaves 12 Great-Grandchildren to cherish her memory.
- Justin Williams
- Austin Williams
- Jamie Benett
- Denny Lee
- Brian Johnson
- Cliff Dilts
- Scott Brooks "Tator" Bennett, Honorary Pallbearer
Receiving Of Friends
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
A Celebration of Life Service
Thursday, July 23, 2020
BETTY RUTH JOHNSON
July 22, 2020
Betty Ruth Moore Johnson is a name that brings back pleasant memories. As a classmate at ole Angier High, she was well respected and liked by all; she was fun to be around. I can only guess the sorrow, you, the family, feel at this time. May you, as I, remember the good times. I send my condolences to you!