Mrs. Glendora Whittenton Maynard
September 16, 1929 – July 29, 2018
Mrs. Glendora Whittenton Maynard, age 88. of Lilly Street, Dunn, passed away on Sunday, July 29, 2018, at Betsy Johnson Hospital in Dunn.
Glendora was born on September 16, 1929, in Harnett County, the daughter of the late Oras A. Whittenton Sr. and Roberta Pleasant Whittenton. She was preceded in death by her husband, Lonnie “Dick” Maynard; brothers, E.M. Whittenton, Silas Whittenton, Oras Whittenton Jr., and Willard Whittenton; and sisters, Gertrude W. Ferrell, Rachel W. Tart, Margaret W. Underwood, Florence W. McLeod and Pauline W. Batts.
Glendora retired with Howard Johnsons with 31 years of service in sales. She was a member of Glad Tidings Church.
She was a devoted mother, grandmother and great-grandmother and was pray warrior, always thinking of others and their needs. She loved to work in her yard and shopping in Raleigh was her favorite thing. Glendora could always be seen around town always dressed as if she were headed to Hollywood.
A Celebration of Life funeral service will be held Wednesday, Aug. 1, 2018, at 11 a.m. at Cromartie-Miller Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. Tim Rice, the Rev. Jo Dan Underwood and Anthony Smith officiating. Burial will follow in the Greenwood Cemetery.
She is survived by a son, Larry F. Maynard of Dunn; daughters, Pamela M. Hargrove of Dunn and Rebecca M. Bass of Dunn; sisters, Carolyn W. Evans of Dunn and Reta W. Owens of Huntsville, Ala.; grandchildren, Nyda Byrd and husband David, Kenneth Hargrove Jr. and wife Alison, Jamie Hargrove and wife Christie, Brian Hargrove and wife Chasity, Domini Boyette and husband Patrick, Cindy Smith and husband Anthony, Donnie Bass and wife Erin; step-grandchilden, Mendy J. Hagwood and husband Timmy, and Michelle Mitchell, all of Georgia; and 23 great-grandchildren
The family will receive friend Wednesday, August 1, 2018, from 10: A.M. to 11 A.M. at Cromartie-Miller Funeral Home in Dunn, one hour prior to the service, and other times at the home.
- Oras A. Whittenton Sr., Father
- Roberta Pleasant Whittenton, Mother
- Lonnie "Dick" Maynard, Husband
- Larry F. Maynard, Son
- Rebecca M. Bass, Daughter
- Pamela M. Hargrove, Daughter
- E.M. Whittenton, Brother
- Silas Whittenton, Brother
- Oras Whittenton Jr., Brother
- Willard Whittenton, Brother
- Gertrude W. Ferrell, Sister
- Rachel W. Tart, Sister
- Margaret W. Underwood, Sister
- Florence W. McLeod, Sister
- Pauline W. Batts, Sister
- Carolyn W. Evans, Sister
- Reta W. Owens, Sister
- Nyda Byrd and husband David, Grandchild
- Kenneth Hargrove, Jr. and wife Alison, Grandchild
- Jamie Hargrove and wife Christie, Grandchild
- Brian Hargrove and wife Chasity, Grandchild
- Domini Boyette and husband Patrick, Grandchild
- Cindy Smith and husband Anthony, Grandchild
- Donnie Bass and wife Erin, Grandchild
- Mendy J. Hagwood and husband Timmy, Step Grandchild
- Michelle Mitchell, Step Grandchild
- 23 Great-Grandchildren
- Kendall Byrd
- Tyler Byrd
- Benjamin Smith
- Austin Hargrove
- Travis Sills
- Josh Villnave
- Receiving Of Friends Wednesday, August 1, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, August 1, 2018