Helen Ivey Stevens
May 5, 1932 – November 4, 2019
Ms. Helen Ivey Stevens of 3590 US 301 South, Dunn, departed this life on Monday, November 4, 2019 at her home, being 87 years of age. She was born on May 5, 1932 in Harnett County, to the late Joel Wilson Ivey and the late Lena Mae Matthews Ivey. She was also preceded in death by her husband Earl Hugh Stevens; son: Ray Stevens; brother: Joel Ray Ivey; sister: Dorothy Mae Ivey; grandson: Robert Earl Stevens. Ms. Helen had a passion for working in her yard, shopping, sewing and cooking. She loved spending time with her grandchildren and talking to anyone who would stand still long enough to listen.
Helen leaves behind to honor her legacy her two sons: Gene Stevens and wife Kitty of Dunn and Tony Stevens and wife Carolyn of Coats; seven grandchildren: Angela Ashworth, Shelley Hall, Hollie Parnell, Misty Kennedy, Shannon Stevens, April Buckler, and Stephanie Goodwin; and fifteen great-grandchildren also survive.
A funeral service to commemorate the life of Helen Ivey Stevens will be conducted at 1:00 PM on Thursday, November 7, 2019 in the chapel of Cromartie-Miller Funeral Home with Rev. Ed Norris officiating. She will be laid to rest in Harnett Devotional Gardens with family and friends serving as pallbearers.
The family will receive friends from 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM on Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at Cromartie-Miller Funeral Home and at other times at the home.
All arrangements are entrusted to Cromartie-Miller Funeral Home. Online condolences may be expressed at www.cromartiemiller.com.
- Lena Mae Matthews Ivey, Mother (deceased)
- Joel Wilson Ivey, Father (deceased)
- Earl Hugh Stevens, Husband (deceased)
- Ray Stevens, Son (deceased)
- Gene Stevens and wife Kitty, Son
- Tony Stevens and wife Carolyn, Son
- Angela Ashworth, Granddaughter
- Shelley Hall, Granddaughter
- Hollie Parnell, Granddaughter
- Misty Kennedy, Granddaughter
- Shannon Stevens, Granddaughter
- April Buckler, Granddaughter
- Stephanie Goodwin, Granddaughter
- Fifteen Great-Grandchildren
- Family & Friends
- Receiving Of Friends Wednesday, November 6, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, November 7, 2019