Jo Ann Moore Pate
May 14, 1948 – November 5, 2018
Mrs. JoAnn Moore Pate of 119 Pecan Lane in Dunn departed this life on Monday, November 5, 2018 being 70 years of age. JoAnn was born in Harnett County on May 14, 1948 to the late James Warren Moore and Mary Jane Guy Baker. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by the following members of her family: Stepfather: Archie Baker; Son: David Ronald Morrison; Grandson: Jacob Morrison; and an Infant Grandson.
JoAnn had worked as a GED instructor at Central Carolina Community College for many years, she also managed a local thrift shop, worked as an Avon sales consultant and worked as a waitress. She was a devoted mother; there was never a day that her children questioned her love for them as she had always gone the extra mile as a loving mother. She made sure that they had everything that they needed as they were the light of her life. She was a firecracker; a lover of life with a sense of humor that was out of this world that will live on in her children as she had never missed a chance to laugh. She will be deeply missed by all who knew her.
Left behind to cherish the many sweet memories JoAnn leaves behind are: Son: James Clarence Morrison Jr. and wife Linda of Chapel Hill, Son: Robert “Bobby” Morrison and wife Tammy Sue of Erwin; Daughter: Tammy Morrison Pruitt and husband Calvin of Chapel Hill, Daughter: Jennifer Morrison Stanley of Dunn; Sister: Betty Jean Strickland and friend Kenny of Falcon, Sister: Mary Lou Hamilton and husband Jerry of Dunn, Sister: Nancy Willis and husband Charles of Dunn; Brother: David Warren Moore and wife Angie of Dunn, Brother: Bruce “Eddie” Guy of Dunn. Special friend: Gary Barefoot of Erwin; and her Honorary Sister and Best Friend Frances Powers of Dunn. She also leaves behind 19 grandchildren and 9 great grandchildren.
You are cordially invited to a time of visitation with the family of Mrs. JoAnn Moore Pate on Wednesday, November 7th, 2018 from 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM at the Cromartie Miller Funeral Home. A funeral service to commemorate the life of Mrs. JoAnn Moore Pate will be conducted at 11:00 AM at the Antioch Pentecostal Free Will Baptist Church located at 494 Antioch Church Road in Dunn. She will be laid to rest at Mabry-Guy Cemetery in Angier with: James Sanderford, Dallas Moore, William Morrison, Jonathan Morrison, Dale Wilson and Andy Wilson serving as pallbearers.
All arrangements are entrusted to Cromartie Miller Funeral Home. Online condolences may be expressed at www.cromartiemiller.com.
- James Warren Moore, Father
- Mary Jane Guy Baker, Mother
- Archie Baker, Step Father
- David Ronald Morrison, Son
- Jacob Morrison, Grandson
- James Clarence Morrison, Jr. and wife Linda, Son
- Robert "Bobby" Morrison and wife Tammy Sue, Son
- Tammy Morrison Pruitt and husband Calvin, Daughter
- Jennifer Morrison Stanley, Daughter
- Betty Jean Strickland and friend Kenny, Sister
- Mary Lou Hamilton and husband Jerry, Sister
- Nancy Willis and husband Charles, Sister
- David Warren Moore and wife Angie, Brother
- Bruce "Eddie" Guy, Brother
- Gary Barefoot, Special Friend
- Frances Powers, Honorary Sister
- 19 Grandchildren and 9 Great-Grandchildren also survive.
- James Sanderford
- Dallas Moore
- William Morrison
- Jonathan Morrison
- Dale Wilson
- Andy Wilson
- Receiving Of Friends Wednesday, November 7, 2018
- Funeral Service Thursday, November 8, 2018
Jo Ann Moore Pate
November 6, 2018
With deepest sympathy,lots of love,hugs & prayers to you all during this difficult time.
William & Britney Morrison
November 6, 2018
We love and miss you so much Granny Jo!