Wilma Byrd Johnson
September 16, 1927 – January 28, 2020
Wilma Parrish Byrd Johnson, age 92 of Coats, died on Tuesday Evening, January 28, 2020 at Harnett Woods Nursing and Rehab in Dunn.
Ms. Johnson was born on September 16, 1927 in Johnston County the daughter of the late Julius E. Parrish and Addie Lee Stancil Parrish and is preceded in death by husbands, Lacy Edward Byrd and George Arthur Johnson and several siblings.
She was a member of Antioch Baptist Church in Falcon, NC. She worked several years at Terre Hill in Coats, and retired after 20 years from Betsy Johnson Memorial Hospital.
A funeral service will be held Friday, January 31, 2020 at 2:00 pm at Antioch Baptist Church in Falcon. Burial will follow in the Coats City Cemetery in Coats, NC.
She is survived by a son: Joseph E. (Joe) Byrd and wife Bonnie of Dunn, NC; Daughters: Sharon Measamer and husband Larry of Broadway, NC; Elaine Johnson and husband Jesse of Coats, NC; A Special Granddaughter: Shayla Byrd Cook and husband William of Aynor, SC; Special Grandsons: Brent Measamer and wife Rebecca of Sanford, NC; Jody Measamer and wife Tracey of Sanford, NC, Ashley Stewart and wife Tobitha of Landis, SC; Jeffrey Stewart and wife Cheryl of Benson, NC; 15 Great Grandchildren and 8 Great Great Grandchildren; Stepsons: Ray Johnson and wife Connie of Falcon, NC and Mack Johnson of Falcon, NC; Step Granddaughters: Valerie Peele and husband Eric of Falcon and Anna Hall of Linden, NC; Step Great Grandson: Levi Hall and Step Great Granddaughter: Aubrey Rae Peele.
The family will receive friends Friday, January 31, 2020 from 12:00 Noon – 1:30 pm at Antioch Baptist Church in Falcon. Prior to the Service. And at other times at the home of Elaine & Jesse Johnson, 56 Ashe Street, Coats, NC
A Service of Cromartie Miller Funeral Home of Dunn NC
- Julius E. Parrish, Father (deceased)
- Addie Lee Stancil Parrish, Mother (deceased)
- Lacy Edward Byrd (George Arthur Johnson), Husband (deceased)
- George Arthur Johnson, Husband (deceased)
- Joseph E. (Joe) Byrd and wife Bonnie, Son
- Elaine Johnson and husband Jesse, Daughter
- Sharon Measamer and husband Larry, Daughter
- Shayla Byrd Cook and husband William, Special Granddaughter
- Brent Measamer and wife Rebecca, Special Grandson
- Jody Measamer and wife Tracey, Special Grandson
- Ashley Stewart and wife Tobitha, Special Grandson
- Jeffrey Stewart and wife Cheryl, Special Grandson
- 15, Great Grandchildren
- 8, Great Great Grandchildren
- Ray Johnson and wife Connie, Step-Son
- Mack Johnson, Step-Son
- Valerie Peele and husband Eric, Step-Granddaughter
- Anna Hall, Step-Granddaughter
- Levi Hall, Step- Great Grandson
- Aubrey Rae Peele, Step-Great Granddaughter
- Brent Measamer
- Jody Measamer
- Jeffrey Stewart
- Anthony Cook
- Coty Cook
- Gage Measamer
- Tyson Measamer
- Receiving Of Friends Friday, January 31, 2020
- Funeral Service Friday, January 31, 2020