May 18, 1931 – January 4, 2019
Ann Cherwinski, 87, of East Hartford & Glastonbury, more recently of Largo, FL., passed away on January 4, 2019. She was born in Lezajsk, Poland, a daughter of the late Jan and Eugenia (Wan) Fus. She was a communicant of St. Christopher Church in East Hartford. She is survived by her two daughters Grace Mokrzycki and her husband John of Largo, Florida and Jadwiga “Yasha” Tencza of Glastonbury and son-in-law Theodore Tencza of Glastonbury, her son John Lapinski and Anne Dion of Manchester, CT, five grandchildren, Marc Mokrzycki and his wife Jessica of East Hampton, CT, Paul Lapinski and his wife Meagan of Coventry and Alexandra and Thomas Tencza of Glastonbury, two great-grandchildren Montana Ryan Mokrzycki and Noah Mokrzycki and several nieces and nephews in Poland. In addition to her parents, she was predeceased by her beloved husband Stanley P. Cherwinski.
Funeral services will be held on Friday, January 11, 2019 at 1pm at Newkirk & Whitney Funeral Home, 318 Burnside Ave., East Hartford CT. Burial will follow in Hillside Cemetery, East Hartford. Calling hours will be Thursday, January 10, 2018 from 5-7pm at the funeral home.
- Jan Fus, Father
- Eugenia Fus, Mother
- Grace and John Mokrzycki, Daughter and her Husband
- Jadwiga Tencza, Daughter
- John Lapinski Anne Dion, Son and significant other
- Theodore Tencza, Son-in-law
- Marc and Jessica Mokrzycki, Grandchild and his Wife
- Paul and Meagan Lapinski, Grandchild and his Wife
- Alexandra Tencza, Grandchild
- Thomas Tencza, Grandchild
- Montana Ryan Mokrzycki, Great Grandchild
- Noah Mokrzycki, Great Grandchild
- Stanley Cherwinski, Husband