Edward G. Stupcenski
November 21, 1940 – October 4, 2019
Edward G. Stupcenski, 78, husband of Sheila (Jones) Stupcenski, of Manchester formerly a long-term resident of East Hartford, passed away on Friday, Oct. 4, 2019. He was born in Hartford and was son to the late Kasmer and Viola (Kawecki) Stupcenski. He graduated from Canton High School and University of Hartford. He proudly served in the U.S. Marine Corp and was employed by Gray & Prior Machine Co., until his retirement. Besides his wife Sheila, he is survived by his children; Marsha Hartlieb and her husband Werner of East Hartford, Barbara Feldstein and her husband Willy of Granby and Mark Stupcenski and his wife Brenda of Tolland, four precious grandchildren - Sara and Rachel Feldstein and Owen and Kyle Stupcenski, his sisters, Diane (Walter) Anderson of Simsbury and Carol Parsell of Canton, brother-in-law David (Susan) Jones of Vero Beach, Fl and Dick Royer of Canton and several nieces and nephews. He was also predeceased by his siblings, Stanley Stupcenski and Priscilla Royer, and brother-in-laws, Alan Jones and David Parsell. Ed was an avid gardener maintaining a lawn and gardens that were the envy of the neighborhood. He also loved to read especially US History. Music filled the house daily with a special love for Frank Sinatra, Doo Wop and Polkas. Trips to the Daytona 500 were annual events with family. Ed served on the vestry and was the assistant Treasurer for St Johns Episcopal. He also enjoyed volunteering for Foodshare. We would like to thank the staff of Kimberly Hall North for their compassion and care during Ed's last days.
Family and friends are invited to Celebrate his Life on Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019.There will be a brief visiting time from 9:15 to 10:00 am with worship beginning at 10am at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 523 Hartford Turnpike, Vernon. Burial with military honors will follow in its Memorial Garden. In lieu of flowers, please send donations to Alzheimer’s Assocation,225 N. Michigan Ave., Fl. 17, Chicago, IL 60601 or Foodshare, 450 Woodland Avenue, Bloomfield, CT 06002.For directions or online messages, please visit newkirkandwhitney.com.
- Kasmer Stupcenski, Father (deceased)
- Viola (Kawecki) Stupcenski, Mother (deceased)
- Sheila (Jones) Stupcenski, Wife
- Marsha Hartlieb, Daughter
- Werner Hartlieb, Son-in-law
- Barbara Feldstein, Daughter
- Willy Feldstein, Son-in-law
- Mark Stupcenski, Son
- Brenda Stupcenski, Daughter-in-law
- Sara Feldstein, Grandchild
- Rachel Feldstein, Grandchild
- Owen Stupcenski, Grandchild
- Kyle Stupcenski, Grandchild
- Diane (Walter) Anderson, Sister
- Carol Parsell, Sister
- David (Susan) Jones, Brother-in-law
- Dick Royer, Brother-in-law
- Stanley Stupcenski, Brother (deceased)
- Priscilla Royer, Sister (deceased)
- Alan Jones, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- David Parsell, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- and many cherished extended family and friends!
- Celebration of Life Saturday, October 12, 2019
- Burial with Military Honors Saturday, October 12, 2019
Edward G. Stupcenski
October 12, 2019
I rember as a child having bbqs and dinners after sunday serve and the jokes and laughs we had as kids growning up bless you ed your in my thoughts and prayers blessings much love the grays and giels .