Elaine H. Stepanek
May 29, 1933 – August 2, 2019
Elaine Stepanek, 86 of East Hartford, beloved wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, passed away on August 2, 2019. She was born in Hartford, a daughter of the late Herbert Olding Jr. and Hildegarde (Anderson) Olding and was a graduate of East Hartford High School. She was predeceased by her beloved husband of 40 years, Robert (Bob) Stepanek and her sister Yvonne Dubicki, with whom she shared her birthday-5 years apart. She was a telephone operator for the phone company prior to her marriage to Bob. The New England Air Museum was an important part for her and Bob where she was a volunteer for a number of years as well as Membership Secretary. Elaine enjoyed spending time with her family, visiting Cape Cod and Maine, going to the casinos and attending Broadway shows at the Bushnell. She was a life-long sports fan of the New York Yankees and the Uconn Huskies. She was also a long time member of First Congregational Church of East Hartford. She is survived by her daughters Karen Stepanek of East Windsor and Diane Cristelli and her husband Dominick of Ellington; her sons David R. Stepanek and his wife Beth of Vista, CA, Kenneth Stepanek of Katy, TX and Daniel Stepanek and his wife Kathy of Bloomfield. In addition, she leaves five grandchildren Jennifer Jordan and her husband Jeffrey, Douglas Cristelli and his wife Jennifer, Toni Stepanek, David Stepanek Jr. and his wife Erin and Sherry Stepanek. She also felt blessed in sharing her life with five great-grandchildren Elliana, Annsley and Emmaline Jordan and Samuel and Theodore Cristelli as well as several nieces and nephews. Funeral services are Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 10AM at the Newkirk & Whitney Funeral Home, 318 Burnside Avenue, East Hartford, CT, followed by burial in Hillside Cemetery, Hillside St., East Hartford, CT. Visiting hours at the funeral home are Wednesday, August 7, 2019 from 5PM-8PM. Memorial contributions may be made to the New England Air Museum, 36 Perimeter Road, Windsor Locks, CT 06096 and the Ellington Community Scholarship Association, PO Box 54, Ellington, CT 06029.
- Hebert Olding Jr., Father (deceased)
- Hildegarde (Anderson) Olding, Mother (deceased)
- Robert (Bob) Stepanek, Husband (deceased)
- David R. and Beth Stepanek, Son
- Kenneth Stepanek, Son
- Daniel and Kathy Stepanek, Son
- Karen Stepanek, Daughter
- Diane and Dominick Cristelli, Daughter
- Jennifer and Jeffrey Jordan, Grandchild
- Douglas and Jennifer Cristelli, Grandchild
- Toni Stepanek, Grandchild
- David Jr. and Erin Stepanek, Grandchild
- Sherry Stepanek, Grandchild
- Elliana, Annsley, and Emmaline Jordan, Great Grandchild
- Samuel and Theodore Cristelli, Great Grandchild
- Yvonne Dubicki, Sister (deceased)
- She is also survived by several nieces and nephews.
- Visitation Wednesday, August 7, 2019
- Funeral Home Service Thursday, August 8, 2019
- Burial Thursday, August 8, 2019
Elaine H. Stepanek
August 6, 2019
Dear family- I’m sorry to hear of your mother’s passing. Elaine was such an important part of the New England Air Museum history, especially as the membership secretary. I’m unable to attend the wake or the service, as I’m out of town on vacation.
My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time.
New England Air Museum
August 3, 2019
I miss you mom. I hope you and dad are once again enjoying each other’s company. I love you mom.