Hazel I. Frazer
March 17, 1920 – October 31, 2019
Hazel Irene (Miles) Frazer, beloved wife of the late Frederick C. Frazer, passed away peacefully surrounded by her loving family at home, on Thursday, October 31st, 2019. Hazel was born on Saint Patrick’s Day in 1920 the daughter to the late Harold and Olga (Olson) Miles. She was raised in Portland Connecticut where she lived with her sisters and brother. Hazel re-located to East Hartford after marrying her husband Frederick to raise their family. Hazel was one of the first buyers in Connecticut for female fashion. She was employed by Sage Allen & Company in a career position. Hazel travelled monthly to New York City and Los Angeles in order to stylishly dress the Women of Connecticut setting fashion trends that defined the era. Hazel enjoyed traveling to Las Vegas and Atlantic City with her friends. She loved to dine out, enjoyed the cinema and spending time with her grand-children. Hazel will be remembered for her infectious laugh, generous heart, sense of style and wonderful sense of humor. Hazel is survived by her loving daughter Diane McKee of Wallingford and will be dearly missed, grandchildren Joseph (JF) Scarfi, Frederick (Veronica) Scarfi and Heather McKee, great-grandchildren Matthew Corriveau, Damiano, Olivia and Dorian Scarfi and her great-great-grandson Christian K. Corriveau, nieces Pamela Thompson-Kelley, Nancy Manzera, Geri Ellen Gasior, Cindy McLean, Tracey Gately and her nephews Richard Stevens and Herbert Frazer and her sisters Dorothy (Albert) Klinzman, Patricia and late husband Richard Stevens and her close friends Marco (Delia) Gonzalez and Michael T. Hickey. Hazel was predeceased by her beloved brother Earnest Miles. Calling hours will be held Saturday November 9th, 2019 from 10am-12pm at the Newkirk & Whitney Funeral Home, 318 Burnside Avenue, East Hartford, CT 06108, followed by a Life Well Celebrated Service at 12pm.The burial will be at Hillside Cemetery, East Hartford.
- Harold Miles, Father (deceased)
- Olga (Olson) Miles, Mother (deceased)
- Frederick C. Frazer, Husband (deceased)
- Diane McKee, Daughter
- Joseph Scarfi, Frederick Scarfi, and Heather Mckee, Grandchildren
- Matthew Corriveau, Damiano, Olivia and Dorian Scarfi, Great-Grandchildren
- Christian K. Corriveau, Great-Great-Grandson
- Richard Stevens and Herbert Frazer, Nephews
- Pamela Thompson-Kelley, Nancy Manzera, Geri Ellen Gasior, Cindy McLean, and Tracey Gately, Nieces
- Earnest Miles, Brother (deceased)
- Dorothy Klinzman and Patricia Stevens, Sisters
- Visitation Saturday, November 9, 2019
- Celebration of Life Saturday, November 9, 2019
Hazel I. Frazer
November 9, 2019
My mother and Hazel were great friends they broke the glass ceiling didn't they Diane they took over it was really something in the 50s for women to be able to hold a man's position.
God Bless you and your family. Holding close the memories of your time together.
November 7, 2019
Diane, you have gone above and beyond, my deepest sympathies!
FROM THE FAMILY
FROM THE FAMILY
IN THE CARE OF