Andrew "Andy" Donald Buhs Sr.
December 6, 1933 – January 7, 2019
Andrew “Andy” Donald Buhs Sr., 85, of East Peoria passed away at 6:35 pm Monday, January 7, 2019 at Serenity Assisted Living in East Peoria. He was born December 6, 1933 in Mossville, IL the son of Daniel and Annette Stomberg Buhs. He married Joann Elliott. She preceded him in death. Andy later married Juanita Johnston in East Peoria on July 21, 1979. Andy is survived by his wife of Thirty-nine years; four sons, Randy (Lynn) Buhs of East Peoria, Andrew (Terry) Buhs Jr. of East Peoria, Steven (Kim) Buhs of Oklahoma City, OK, and Darren Buhs of East Peoria; three sisters, Dolores Stickel of Hartland, WI, Donna Blevins of Oxford, MS, and Annette (Ron) of Olathe, KS; one brother, Daniel (Karen) Buhs of Naples. FL; twelve grandchildren and twelve great-grandchildren; one step-son, Terry (Nancy) Evans of East Peoria; one step-daughter, Tammy (Greg) Townsend of East Peoria; four step-grandchildren and four step-great-grandchildren. He is also preceded in death by his parents and two brothers. Andy was a mechanic at the Proving Grounds with Caterpillar until his retirement in 1982. Funeral services will be 11:00 am Friday, January 11, 2019 at Remmert Funeral Home. Visitation will be one hour prior to services. Burial will be in Fondulac Township Cemetery. Memorials may be made to donor's choice. To view Andy’s memorial page or to leave an online condolence please go to www.remmertfuneralhome.com.
- Daniel Buhs, Father
- Annette Stomberg Buhs, Mother
- Juanita Johnston Buhs, Wife
- Randy (Lynn) Buhs, Son
- Andrew (Terry) Buhs, Son
- Steven (Kim) Buhs, Son
- Darren Buhs, Son
- Dolores Stickel, Sister
- Donna Blevins, Sister
- Annette (Ron), Sister
- Daniel (Karen) Buhs, Brother
- ~ Twelve ~, Grandchildren
- ~ Twelve ~, Great-Grandchildren
- Terry (Nancy) Evans, Step-Son
- Tammy (Greg) Townsend, Step-Daughter
- ~ Four ~, Step-Grandchildren
- ~ Four ~, Step-Great Grandchildren
- He was preceded in death by wife Joann Elliott, parents and two brothers.
- Donor's Choice
- Visitation Friday, January 11, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, January 11, 2019