Chris Hefley Ring-Walka
August 19, 1934 – October 21, 2018
Mary (Chris) Christine Ring-Walka, 84, of East Peoria passed away at 5:03 pm Sunday, October 21, 2018 at her residence. She was born August 19, 1934 in the country on her parent’s farm in Pulaski, Tennessee the daughter of Ollie and Lucille McCormick Hefley. She married the love of her life, Butch Walka on July 16, 1993. He preceded her in death. Chris is survived by her children; Donna Catherine Hefley Ring-Elam of East Peoria, Pat Patton (Karen)Ring III, and Joanne Miller of Peoria; four grandchildren, Brett Ring, Tawny Ring, Jasmine Ring, and Joshua Rugh; two step-grandchildren, Scott (Christy) Elam and Lindsay Elam; two step-great-grandchildren, Riley and Dylan; and three grand cats, D.C., Tipie, and Yellow Boy. She was preceded in death by her parents, her step-father, John Wilburn, and one son-in-law, Jack. She was also preceded in death by her six dogs, Boris, Lucky, Popeye, Pierre, Rosey and C.J.; and one cat, Bridget. Chris worked at Davis Brother’s Pizza when her children were young. She worked at Caterpillar Inc. until she retired in 1995. She was proud to be one of the first women in the factory. When Chris was in high school she was a star basketball player. After graduation she was offered to play on “The Red Heads” an all- girl basketball team. She was a big sports fan, following the Bulls, St. Louis Cardinals, and hockey. She loved all animals, dancing and her new cars. But most of all she loved her family and friends. She was loved so much and will be so missed. Love you mom. Cremation rites have been accorded. A Memorial service will be at 7:00 pm Friday November 2, 2018 at Remmert Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 5-7:00 pm. Pastor Jack Thompson will officiate. Memorials may be made to TAPS. To view Chris’s memorial page or to leave an online condolence please go to www.remmertfuneralhome.com.
- Donna Catherine Hefley Ring-Elam, Children
- Pat Patton (Karen) Ring III, Children
- Joanne Miller, Children
- Brett Ring, Tawny Ring, Jasmine Ring, and Joshua Rugh, Grandchildren
- Scott (Christy) Elam and Lindsay Elam, Step-Grandchildren
- D.C., Tipie, and Yellow Boy, Grand Cats
- She was preceded in death by her parents, her step-father, John Wilburn, and one son-in-law, Jack. She was also preceded in death by her six dogs, Boris,Lucky,Popeye,Pierre,Rosey and C.J.; and one cat, Bridget.
- Visitation Friday, November 2, 2018
- Memorial Service Friday, November 2, 2018