April 1, 1920 – November 7, 2019
Robert Swadener, 99, of East Peoria, IL formerly of Terre Haute, IN died Thursday, November 7, 2019 at Lutheran Hillside Village in Peoria Heights.
He was born on March 1, 1920 in Vigo County, IN to James and Iva (Boatman) Swadener. He married Wilma (Gulley) Hacker on November 9, 1962. She preceded him in death on November 4, 2016.
He was a WWII veteran serving in the Army Signal Corps. He was employed for over 55 years at WEEK-TV25 in East Peoria, IL and is remembered fondly by those he worked with.
Robert is survived by his daughter, Cathleen (James) Powers of Peoria Heights, IL and stepchildren, Debra Brown of Mounds, IL, Tommie (Marcella Hall) Hacker of Tamms, IL and Randall Hacker of Mounds, IL; 12 grandchildren, 8 great grandchildren, numerous nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends.
He was preceded in death by his wife, parents, twin sister Ruth, brother Donald and daughter-in-law, Donna Hacker.
A visitation will be held from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm Thursday, November 21, 2019 at Remmert Funeral Home in East Peoria with a memorial service at 7:00 pm. Second visitation to be held from 9:00 am to 11:00 am on Saturday, November 23 at Crain Funeral Home in Ullin, IL with funeral services to follow at 11:00 am with David Cheek and Brent Miller officiating. Interment will follow at American Legion Cemetery in Dongola, IL.
- James Swadener, Father
- Iva Boatman Swadener, Mother
- Wilma Gulley Hacker (Married November 9, 1962), Wife
- Cathleen and James Powers, Daughter
- Debra Brown, Step-Child
- Tommie Hacker (Marcella Hall), Step-Child
- Randall Hacker, Step-Child
- Ruth Swadener, Sister
- Donald Swadener, Brother
- Donna Hacker, Daughter-in-law
- Twelve Grandchildren, Eight Great Grandchildren
- Numerous Nieces, Nephews, other relatives, and many friends
- Robert was preceded in death by his wife, Wilma; parents, James and Iva; sister, Ruth; brother, Donald and daughter-in-law, Donna.
- Visitation Thursday, November 21, 2019
- Memorial Service Thursday, November 21, 2019