Irma G Rosas
October 14, 1936 – April 2, 2019
Irma G Rosas 10/14/1936 - 4/2/2019 was born in Casa Grandes, Mexico to Guillermina Stell and Melchor Gandara. Irma attended Alta Vista, Austin High School & Texas Western.
She was a teacher at the greater Houston school district and most recently Coronado High and El Paso High School. She received her masters in education and taught Spanish and business marketing and ran a successful chapter of DECA.
Irma was active in many organizations where she could be involved with her children’s activities. Those included music and tennis. She was kind and generous to her children, grandchildren and all she taught. She is survived by Rene M Rosas DDS: Children Rene, Robert Ruben, Richard Ray(Danny), Rochelle and Ronald Rudy(Victoria). Grandchildren to include, Tolbain, Hanna, Kati, Bella, Gabi, Vivienne & Preston. Irma is survived by her brother Robert Gandara (Kathleen) and honored brother William who passed 2013. She fought the good fight against Parkinson’s Disease & Cancer for a few years which did not prevent her from an active role with her grandchildren. She was seen often on the tennis courts and table tennis playing with her grandchildren. Family would like to acknowledged all healthcare providers, valued home care providers (Luz, Irma, Delia & Flor) and friends always willing and able to assist in care. Devotion to her faith was guided by her spiritual consultant Fr. Peters who is a life long family friend for over 50 years.
Viewing will be held Sunday April 7 at 5:30 pm and Rosary will begin at 7:00 pm at Martin Funeral Home West. The Funeral Mass will be held Monday April 8 at 9:00 am at St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Interment will be held at 11:00 at Ft. Bliss National Cemetery. Honorary pallbearers to include; Danny Gilbreath, Rob Gandara, Joe Griffin, Manny Ortega, Frank Salazar, Tito Arenal, Aaron Hernandez, Daniel Silva Jr, Preston Rossi, Nathan Salom & Eddie Perales.
- Rene M. Rosas DDS, Husband
- Rene Rosas, Son
- Robert Ruben Rosas, Son
- Richard Ray Rosas, Son
- Rochelle Rosas, Daughter
- Ronald Rudy Rosas, Son
- Also survived by her grandchildren, Tolbain, Hanna, Kati, Bella, Gabi, Vivienne and Preston. Irma is also survived by her brother Robert Gandara (Kathleen) and honored brother William who passed in 2013.
- Danny Gilbreath, Honorary Pallbearer
- Rob Gandara, Honorary Pallbearer
- Joe Griffin, Honorary Pallbearer
- Manny Ortega, Honorary Pallbearer
- Frank Salazar, Honorary Pallbearer
- Tito Arenal, Honorary Pallbearer
- Aaron Hernandez, Honorary Pallbearer
- Daniel Silva Jr., Honorary Pallbearer
- Preston Rossi, Honorary Pallbearer
- Nathan Salom, Honorary Pallbearer
- Eddie Perales, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Sunday, April 7, 2019
- Rosary Sunday, April 7, 2019
- Funeral Mass Monday, April 8, 2019
- Graveside Service Monday, April 8, 2019
Irma G Rosas
April 6, 2019
Mrs. Rosas’ passing caught me like a blow to the stomach. The Rosas family had been on my mind just this week before I heard the news.. Mrs Rosas and Dr Rosas had an outsized effect on me as a childhood friend of Rene R. An amazingly warm and welcoming home and a profoundly decent family. I am so sorry for your loss, but I can honestly say that knowing her, although long ago , has had a lasting and hugely positive impact on my life....
James and Sonya Peters
April 5, 2019
To Rosas family. We want to express our condolences and sympathy to you after hearing about Irmas passing. May you treasure the wonderful times and memories you had with her as we will remember the times we would see her when we visited El Paso. She was a delightful person. We are truly sorry for your loss. Sincerely James and Sonya peters