Anita Marie Toral
August 19, 1932 – April 6, 2021
Anita M. Toral, 88, Evansville, passed away peacefully at the Linda E. White Hospice House Tuesday, April 6, 2021. She was born August 19, 1932 in Evansville to the late Jesse L. and Mary Edna (Herbert) Maynard.
She attended grade school at St. Boniface Catholic School, and high school at Mater Dei. Anita and her late husband, Ray, were members of Holy Rosary Catholic Church. She always loved her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, spending time with them and extended family was dear to her. She enjoyed cooking her children’s and grandchildren’s favorite food, cheeseburgers. Over the years, she did ceramics, leaving many special pieces with her loved ones to cherish. She truly enjoyed making flower arrangements and playing cards, being in a few clubs in her younger years. Anita never missed a hair appointment, she dearly loved her stylist and friend, Faye Kimsey along with her pal cat, Butterfly.
Anita was preceded in death by her parents; husband of 65 years, Raymond Toral (married May 6, 1950); brothers, James and Joseph Maynard; sister, Pauline Woehler.
She is survived by her children, Michael Toral (Debbie), George Toral, Melodie Smoot (Deon), Anitra Gann (Gary), Patrick Toral (Kim) and Keith Toral; grandchildren, Sara Raider (Kenny), Meghan Toral, Ben Shipp, Brandon Shipp, Michael Gann, Seth Gann (Melody), David Toral (Natalie), Jennifer Veneman, Joshua Veneman (Amethyst), and Chad Toral (Sarah); brother, Roy Maynard (Geraldine); 19 great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
A funeral mass will be held 12:00 p.m., Monday, April 12, 2021 at Holy Rosary Parish, 1301 S. Green River Road, officiated by Father Bernie Etienne with entombment at Alexander Memorial Park. Friends may visit Sunday from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. at Alexander North Chapel, 4200 Stringtown Road.
Memorial contributions may be made to Holy Rosary Parish.
Condolences may be offered at www.AlexanderNewburghChapel.com.
- Michael Toral (Debbie), Son
- George Toral, Son
- Melodie Smoot (Deon), Daughter
- Anitra Gann (Gary), Daughter
- Patrick Toral (Kim), Son
- Keith Toral, Son
- Sara Raider (Kenny), Granddaughter
- Meghan Toral, Granddaughter
- Ben Shipp, Grandson
- Brandon Shipp, Grandson
- Michael Gann, Grandson
- Seth Gann (Melody), grandson
- David Toral (Natalie), Grandson
- Jennifer Veneman, Granddaughter
- Joshua Veneman (Amethyst), Grandson
- Chad Toral (Sarah), Grandson
- Pauline Woehler, Sister
- Jesse L. Maynard, Father (deceased)
- Mary Edna (Herbert) Maynard, Mother (deceased)
- Raymond Toral, Husband of 65 Years (deceased)
- James and Joseph Maynard, Brothers (deceased)
- Mrs. Toral also leaves behind 19 great grandchildren and many nieces and nephews to cherish her memory.
Holy Rosary Parish
1526 S. Green River Road, Evansville, Indiana 47711
Public Visitation at Alexander North Chapel
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Funeral Mass at Holy Rosary Catholic Church