Gerald J Fuchs

January 22, 1934March 20, 2019

Gerald Fuchs, 85 passed away, Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at Deaconess Midtown Hospital. He was born to the late Joseph and Beatrice Fuchs.

Gerald was the head set up man at Whirlpool for 42 years before retiring in 1992. He was known as the bicycle man.

He was preceded in death by his wife, Pauline Fuchs and Elizabeth Fuchs; brothers, Richard and Norman Fuchs.

Gerald is survived by his sister, Darlene Sturgeon (Bob); brother, Tony Fuchs (Ellen; sons, Timm Stroud (Angela), Alan Stroud (Debra), Dennis Stroud (Barbie), and Carl Stroud (Lisa); 21 grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.

A Celebration of Life service will be held 1:00 p.m. Monday, March 25, 2019 at Alexander Memorial Park officiated by Celebrant Carrie Hatchett. Friends may visit 2-8 p.m. Sunday, March 24, 2019 at Alexander West Chapel.

Memorial contributions may be made to American Diabetes.

Condolences may be offered at


  • Visitation Sunday, March 24, 2019
  • Celebration of Life Monday, March 25, 2019

Gerald J Fuchs

have a memory or condolence to add?

Gregg Fullerton

April 15, 2019

What can be said about this kind soul . His love for his cats and the kids in the neighborhood ,and of course Bicycles I called him often enough to find his health was not good. I never thought my next call would be answered with no longer in service. But that is so misleading as he is now fixing bikes for others we can not see or talk to yet I bet he is still having a blast . God called as he needed another good mechanic to fix up Heavens bikes. To the family my sincere condolences on this great loss of a great individual. May God see you in peace and Happiness Gerald as we all did and do. I got all the bolts to put these fenders on this bike from Gerald. Yes SIR you will be missed but hardly forgotten by the many you touched.

susan strange (Fuchs)

March 21, 2019

Susan Strange (Fuchs)

March 21, 2019

Loved my uncle Gerald! Hadn't been that close over the years since our parents moved out of Evansville 46 years ago but we kept in touch! I always sent him a picture Christmas card and he would send a card back. My brothers were good about calling him on a regular basis and stopping in to see him when they were in the area. I want to remember him as the jolly sweet soul he was! I last saw him at my brother Jim's memorial service with my Uncle Tony just 8 months ago. He was an inspiration as we knew he was battling with illness but you never heard him complain. It was so comforting being around him, he reminded us so much of our Father. They looked so much like each other. My he rest in peace, no more sickness, no more pain! God bless each and everyone of our loved ones as we go through this process of life!