Gordon Harrell Bennett
December 6, 1949 – August 14, 2019
Gordon Harrell Bennett, 69, of Evansville, Indiana died on Wednesday, August 14, 2019. He was born on December 6, 1949 in Munich, Germany to James and Ehren (Foster) Bennett.
Gordon was a beloved husband and father. He enjoyed anything computer related, collecting model cars, and was an avid reader. He served in the U.S. Army from 1974-1994 (Retired). Gordon worked for Computer Sciences Corporation from 1994-2001, the U.S. Census Bureau from 2005-2010, and the Town of Newburgh from 2012-present.
Gordon was preceded in death by his parents; brother, Stephen Foster Bennett; sisters-in-law, Linda Keliipaakaua and Theresa Daugherty; and nephew, Craig Moore.
He is survived by his wife of 44 years, Mary Jo (Wargel) Bennett; daughter, Theresa Hesse (Joshua) of Circle Pines, MN; son, Adam Bennett (Breanne Nelson) of Spring Creek, NC; sister-in-law, Sarah Bennett of Slidell, LA; sister- and brothers-in-law, David Wargel (Carol) and Ronald Wargel of Wadesville, IN, Donna Moore (Barry) and James Wargel of Evansville, IN, William Keliipaakaua of Salt Lake City, UT and Greg Daugherty of Evansville, IN
A Funeral Mass will be held 10:00 a.m. Saturday, August 17, 2019 at Sts. Mary and John Catholic Parish with Fr. Benny Chacko officiating. Friends may visit Friday 3-7 p.m. at Alexander East Chapel. A Memorial Service will follow at 7:00 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Vincent de Paul or the food pantry at Sts. Mary and John Parish.
- Mary Jo Bennett, Wife
- Theresa Hesse (Joshua), Daughter
- Adam Bennett (Breanne Nelson), Son
- Sarah Bennett, Sister-in-law
- David Wargel (Carol), Brother-in-law
- Ronald Wargel, Brother-in-law
- Donna Moore (Barry), Sister-in-law
- James Wargel, Brother-in-law
- William Keliipaakaua, Brother-in-law
- Greg Daugherty, Brother-in-law
- James Bennett, Father (deceased)
- Ehren Bennett, Mother (deceased)
- Visitation Friday, August 16, 2019
- Memorial Service Friday, August 16, 2019
- Funeral Mass Saturday, August 17, 2019
Gordon Harrell Bennett
Chaplain Linda Cirillo
August 16, 2019
Dear Mary Jo and family, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time of loss. I never met Gordon but his smile reflects the joy of the Lord. Peace, Linda