November 28, 1926 – January 11, 2021
LaVonda Abbott, age 94 passed away on January 11, 2021 at Walnut Creek Alzheimer’s Special Care Center.
Born on November. 28, 1926, LaVonda was a graduate of Central High School, class of 1944. She was a devoted wife, mother, and grandmother. LaVonda particularly enjoyed preparing meals for her family and developing friendships with the local boating community.
A member of Eastminster Presbyterian Church, she served as a Deacon and was a member of the Golden Age group at Eastminster.
Preceding her in death were her husband of 70 years, Raymond C. Abbott; parents, Joseph William Kerwick and Edith Hahne Kerwick, son and daughter-in-law, Larry Ray and Nancy Abbott, and sister, Melba McGuyer.
Surviving are son, David J. (Kathy) Abbott, granddaughters, Christy (John) Alvey, Julia (Curt) Condict, of Zionsville, IN, grandsons, Andy (Melissa) Abbott, Tony Abbott, Alex (Erin) Abbott, and great granddaughters, Brooke and Allie Abbott, Elise Condict and Grace, Elizabeth and Ruth Abbott, and great grandsons, Arrick, Nick, Addison and Anthony Abbott, Austin Abbott, and Jacob and Joel Alvey. Also surviving are nieces and nephews.
The family would like to extend our sincere appreciation to the staff of Walnut Creek for their kind, compassionate care received by LaVonda over the last 4 years.
A funeral celebrating LaVonda’s life will be held for immediate family only with burial to follow at Alexander Memorial Park Cemetery in Evansville, IN. Memorial contributions may be made to Eastminster Presbyterian Church, 5501 Washington Avenue, Evansville, IN, 47715.
- David J. Abbott (Kathy), Son
- Christy Alvey (John), Granddaughter
- Julia Condict (Curt), Granddaughter
- Andy Abbott (Melissa), Grandson
- Tony Abbott, Grandson
- Alex Abbott (Erin), Grandson
- Brooke Abbott, Great Granddaughter
- Allie Abbott, Great Granddaughter
- Elise Condict, Great Granddaughter
- Grace Abbott, Great Granddaughter
- Elizabeth Abbott, Great Granddaughter
- Ruth Abbott, Great Granddaughter
- Arrick Abbott, Great Grandson
- Nick Abbott, Great Grandson
- Addison Abbott, Great Grandson
- Anthony Abbott, Great Grandson
- Austin Abbott, Great Grandson
- Jacob Alvey, Great Grandson
- Joel Alvey, Great Grandson
- Raymond C. Abbott, Husband (deceased)
- Joseph William Kerwick, Father (deceased)
- Edith (Hahne) Kerwick, Mother (deceased)
- Larry Ray Abbott, Son (deceased)
- Nancy Abbott, Daughter-in-law (deceased)
- Melba McGuyer, Sister (deceased)
- LaVonda also leaves behind nieces and nephews to cherish her memory.
A funeral celebrating LaVonda's life will be held for immediate family only.
January 15, 2021
Dave, have a lotta good memories of your Mother LaVonda. She was a wonderful Mother to us as kids growing up. Grilled cheese, tomato soup...all those things. Sorry to hear of your loss. Pete Nichol
January 14, 2021
David and family,
Very sorry your mother passed away. You and your family are in our prayers.
Randy and Betty Bagby
January 14, 2021
We were so sorry to read of LaVonda’s passing. What a sweet and lovely lady she was. We saw LaVonda often when we visited Dad and she always had a smile for us. Please accept our condolences and know you all are in our thoughts and our prayers.
With deepest sympathy,
The Family of Bill Fowler
January 13, 2021
Always enjoyed the sweets LaVonda would have when I would pick up and bring back her taxes each year. Especially enjoyed her pecan pie (I only ate hers) that was not as sweet as others. She even shared the recipe which I make. She was an angel on earth and now one in heaven. Sorry for your loss. Pat