Melba H Singer
January 28, 1922 – December 29, 2019
Melba Singer went to be with her Lord Sunday, December 29, 2019 with her family by her side.
Melba was born January 28, 1922 in Evansville, IN, the daughter of the late Henry and Vivian (McCleve) Bank. Melba graduated from Bosse High School and from Lockyear’s Business College. She worked at International Steel until her marriage to Herbert Singer on December 14, 1945. Herb preceded Melba in death in 1994.
Melba devoted much of her life to the prayer ministries of Redeemer Lutheran Church in Evansville, Indiana. She was a faithful participant in the Precept Bible Studies and Bible Fellowship. She was a founding member of the Prayer Chain of Redeemer Lutheran Church. She was a faithful and committed prayer warrior. She served on numerous teams for both Tri-State Women's Cursillo and Tres Dias. Melba was a devoted wife, mother, grandmother, homemaker and an excellent cook. Melba is survived by: Diana (David) Mattlin, Caro, MI, Brian (Susie) Singer, Brownsburg, IN, David (Teresa) Singer, Boonville, IN, six grandchildren, Kim Mattlin and fiancé’ Chris Ashcraft, Mike (Cheryl) Mattlin, Scott (Stacey) Singer, Amy (Jim) Bergstrom, Mark (Ann) Singer, Jay (Crystal) Singer, eleven great-grandchildren, and one great-great-grandson.
Melba was preceded in death by her parents, Henry and Vivian Bank, brother Robert and a great-grandson, Lucas.
Funeral service will be at The Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, Evansville, Indiana, with Rev. Dr. Thomas Wenig officiating, January 6, 2020. Burial will follow at the Lutheran Cemetery in Evansville. Visitation will be at the church from 11:00AM to 1:00PM followed by the service.
In lieu of flowers please consider memorials to the Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, Evansville, Indiana.
- Diana Mattlin (David), Daughter
- Brian Singer (Susie), Son
- David Singer (Teresa), Son
- Kim Mattlin (Chris Ashcraft - Fiance'), Grandchild
- Mike Mattlin (Cheryl), Grandchild
- Scott Singer (Stacey), Grandchild
- Amy Bergstrom (Jim), Grandchild
- Mark Singer (Ann), Grandchild
- Jay Singer (Crystal), Grandchild
- Melba H.Singer, also, leaves behindeleven (11) great-grandchildren, and, one (1) great-great grandchildren.
- Funeral Service Monday, January 6, 2020