April 5, 1939 – March 19, 2020
Rethel Tooley, 80, of Evansville, passed away on Thursday, March 19, 2020. She was born April 5, 1939 in Browder, Kentucky to the late Roscoe and Annie (Loney) Hawes.
She retired in 2001 from TJ Maxx, where she worked for 10 years. She was outgoing, enjoyed eating out, ice cream, computer games and fishing.
Rethel was preceded in death by her husband, Herbert L. Tooley; daughter, Kimberly Goodwin; daughter-in-law, Tonya Peveler, and sons-in-law, Rick West and Jeff Powell.
She is survived by children, Rita Powell, Billy Peveler, Lagena Grammer (Malcolm) and Sherri West; 15 grandchildren, great-grandchildren; great-great grandchildren; sister, Ruthie Hughes (Dee); brother, Andrew Hawes (Marsha), and numerous nieces and nephews.
Visitation is 10:00 to 11:00 a.m., Monday, March 23, 2020 at Alexander East Chapel, 2115 Lincoln Avenue.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society. Condolences may be made online at www.AlexanderEastChapel.com.
- Rita Powell, Daughter
- Billy Peveler, Son
- Lagena Grammer (Malcolm Grammer), Daughter
- Sherri West, Daughter
- Ruthie Hughes (Dee Hughes), Sister
- Andrew Hawes (Marsha Hawes), Brother
- Herbert L. Tooley, Husband (deceased)
- Kimberly Goodwin, Daughter (deceased)
- Roscoe Hawes, Father (deceased)
- Annie (Loney) Hawes, Mother (deceased)
- Tonya Peveler, Daughter-in-law (deceased)
- Rick West, Son-in-law (deceased)
- Jeff Powell, Son-in-law (deceased)
- Rethel also leaves behind 15 grandchildren; great-grandchildren; and great-great-grandchildren to cherish her memory.
- Visitation Monday, March 23, 2020
- Funeral Service Monday, March 23, 2020