Robert C Wallington
March 31, 1929 – October 26, 2019
Robert C. Wallington, 90, of Evansville, Indiana, passed away on Saturday, October 26, 2019. He was born on March 31, 1929 in Kennett, Missouri to the late Charlie Wallington and Margaret (Brown) Alford.
He was an Army veteran, serving in the Korean War as part of the Fifth Army Armored Division. Robert was a member of Grace and Peace Lutheran Church. He worked for Chrysler Corporation for several years and retired from SIGECO in 1993 after many years of employment. He enjoyed fishing, football, jazz music, cookouts and going to the Indy 500.
Robert was preceded in death by his wife of 60 years, Helen Wallington; and granddaughter, Khloe Miller.
He is survived by his daughters, Barbara Collins of Arkansas, Kathy Gibson (Rodney) of Evansville and Janice Duncan of Cincinnati, OH; grandchildren, Alex, Cheyenne, Claire, and Danielle; and great-grandchild, Olivia; brother Donald Lee Alford (Mary) of Kennett, MO; and sister, Betty Sue Brown (Robert) of St. Louis, MO.
Visitation will be held Saturday, November 2, 2019 at 10am until service time at Grace and Peace Lutheran Church, 200 S. Boeke Road, Evansville, Indiana, followed by the Funeral Service at 11:00 a.m. and burial at Sunset Memorial Park.
- Barbara Collins, Daughter
- Kathy Gibson (Rodney), Daughter
- Janice Duncan, Daughter
- Donald Lee Alford (Mary), Brother
- Betty Sue Brown (Robert), Sister
- Helen Wallington, Wife (deceased)
- Charlie Wallington, Father (deceased)
- Margaret (Bowrn) Alford, Mother (deceased)
- Khloe Miller, Granddaughter (deceased)
- Robert also leaves behind grandchildren, Alex, Cheyenne, Claire, and Danielle; and great-grandchild, Oliva to cherish his memory.
- Visitation Saturday, November 2, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, November 2, 2019
- Burial Saturday, November 2, 2019