Velma L. Laib
January 26, 1938 – April 8, 2021
Velma L. Laib, 83 of Evansville, passed away on Thursday, April 8, 2021. She was born on January 26, 1938 in Evansville to Velmont and Flo (Roadwell) Claridge.
She was a loving mother, who devoted her life to helping others. Velma retired from Welborn Hospital after many years of service. She was devoted to her four legged companion, Izzy, who could get away with anything.
Velma was preceded in death by her parents; sister, Rosemary Stephens (Edward); and brother, James Claridge (Joanne).
She is survived by her son, Terry Laib (Kelly); daughter, Karla Wingo (Mike); grandchildren, Michael Barrow (Salea), Mallorie Little (Brad), and Jenna Laib; two great-grandchildren; brother, Velmont Claridge, Jr. (Bonnie); and nieces and nephews.
The family would like to thank the entire staff at Linda E. White Hospice for their compassion, loving care, and support.
Private Services will be held with entombment taking place at Park Lawn Cemetery. Family and friends of Velma, may visit on Monday, April 12, 2021 from 12:00 p.m. until 2:00 p.m. at Alexander East Chapel.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to the Linda E. White Hospice, 611 Harriett Street, Evansville, Indiana 47710.
- Terry Laib (Kelly), Son
- Karla Wingo (Mike), Daughter
- Michael Barrow (Salea), Grandchild
- Mallorie Little (Brad), Grandchild
- Jenna Laib, Grandchild
- Velmont Claridge, Jr. (Bonnie), Brother
- Velmont and Flo (Roadwell) Claridge, Parents (deceased)
- Rosemary Stephens (Edward), Sister (deceased)
- James Claridge (Joanne), Brother (deceased)
- Mrs. Laib also leaves behind two great grandchildren and nieces and nephews to cherish her memory.
Visitaion for Family and Friends of Velma
Monday, April 12, 2021
Private Services Will Be Held, Entombment