Maryellen T. Kurz
December 30, 1932 – August 23, 2020
Maryellen T. “The Duchess” Kurz (nee Lenahan), age 87, peacefully passed away surrounded by her family at home on August 23, 2020.
Beloved wife of 61 years to the late Ronald E. “The Duke” Kurz; devoted mother of Maryellyn Heller-Britton (John), Brian, Mark (Jean), Dan (Colleen), Eric (Maria), Kathleen, Neil, Michael, Jay(Marianne) and Pete (Anne); beloved grandmother of twenty-three and great-grandmother of nine; dear daughter of the late Peter J. Lenahan and Helen Campbell Lenahan; loving sister of the late Fr. Peter J. Lenahan and Patrick Lenahan; dear aunt and friend of many.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Thursday, August 27, 2020 at 1130AM at St. Angela Merici Church, 20830 Lorain Rd., Fairview Park. Interment services at Sunset Memorial Park will be private. Our beloved mother, grandmother and great-grandmother was cared for at home, therefore, in lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to Hospice of the Western Reserve, PO Box 72101, Cleveland OH 44192 or the Poor Clare Colettine Nuns of Cleveland, 3501 Rocky River Dr., Cleveland, OH 44111
- Peter Kurz
- Jay Kurz
- Michael Kurz
- Neil Kurz
- Eric Kurz
- Dan Kurz
- Mark Kurz
- Brian Kurz
Mass of Christian Burial
Thursday, August 27, 2020
Maryellen T. Kurz
September 19, 2020
Ok, Helen, we will remember you . . .
* On Christmas morning;
* When we go to Catawba;
* When we eat Rustic’s patty melts;
* When we go on silly 3 hour car ride adventures around Cleveland;
* When we go thru the Dunkin Donuts drive thru and run over the curb;
* When we eat fig newtons;
* When we have chicken salad and pasta salad for lunch;
* When we sit and look out a window and see birds at the bird feeder;
* When we drive to Toledo and remember when Lily slept by your side on the couch the whole night;
* When we watch Hallmark on Saturday afternoons, especially the Christmas ones;
* When we watch 3 episodes of Frasier in a row;
* When we watch the Tribe and Cavs;
* When we drink mimosas;
* When we make Belgium waffles for breakfast, lunch, or dinner;
* When we eat Irish soda bread;
* When we “party” and we get loud and we hear you say, “I’m not going to party with you guys if you are gonna act like this!”;
* When we hear the Happy Birthday song, especially when it ends with,”and many more”
* When we hear the hymn, “Hail Mary, Gentle Woman”;
* When I doubt myself, I will remember what you told me when I was 18, “ You have the gift of self-confidence. Don’t let anyone ever undersell you”;
* When I get tired from work, I will remember you saying when I wanted to take a year off between high school and college, ”Just go. Give it a try.”
* When I go to bed at night and hear you say, “Goodnight, Markaduke. Love you. Betty Boop!”
We will remember you everyday!
Rest easy, Mom! Love you.
September 5, 2020
Mom, I will always be Louise to your Thelma!!! When we got out and went for a ride, I will always hold that close to my heart!! ❤️ We shared so much time together!!! I love you and I miss your smiling face!! We will see each other again some day!!! Forever, your "Darling Girl". And your proud daughter, Kathleen.
September 3, 2020
I will miss Maryellen, friend to many and I am fortunate to have called her my friend.
She shared laughter, joy with pragmatism in life and its challenges.
Her courage and strength to live life on her own terms, to tell it like it is~ or Whatever!
Is an example for us all to follow.
She told me she was satisfied and lived a good life, was eager to see to see loved ones that have gone on before.
Her legacy endures with each of us.
My sincerest condolences for the Kurz family.
August 27, 2020
Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Kurz family.
- The Vasko family
August 26, 2020
Goodnight Dagwood, love you Blondie & Daisy Mae
August 26, 2020
I am So Proud to call you my Mother! No space is big enough to express your son's Love for You! Thank You for the gifts of Faith, Love, Prayer and Strength. Thank You for teaching me to "Do the Right Thing". Thank You for making me feel very special. You made me feel so special that I thought I was the only child. Thank You for making my daughters Michelle (Dane), Molly (Sean), Megan and Mindy (Jordan) and their children, my grandchildren, Elizabeth, Seeley and Oscar feel very special! Thank You for everything you've done for us for the holidays and especially calling each and every one of us to sing "Happy Birthday". I will miss dearly your phone calls to say "It's Me". Or when I called you to say "Its Me" you would say "Well Hello Me". You welcomed with open arms all of our loved ones and friends into your home as if they were your own.
YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!
I am a part of Your Legacy! You will Always be remembered! You are now reunited with Dad (Pops) and your Mom and Dad! I know in my heart You danced away with Dad! Don't forget our promise! We will see each other again!
Corrigan Craciun Funeral Home
August 25, 2020