Anne G. Sowden
June 28, 1922 – April 6, 2018
Anne G. (Marzilli) Sowden, age 95, of Fall River, passed away Friday, April 6, 2018 in the Crawford Nursing Home. She was the wife of the late Dallas Cates.
Born in Fall River, a daughter of the late Elenterio and Caroline (Gemma) Marzilli, she was a lifelong resident of the city.
A graduate of B.M.C. Durfee High School, she worked as a sewing machine operator in the textile industry for many years. An active communicant of Holy Rosary Chapel she enjoyed spending time with her family.
She is survived by one son, Donald Cates and his wife Gina of Fall River; two brothers, Richard and Albert Marzilli; daughter-in-law, Sandra Cates; three grandchildren; five great-grandchildren and many nieces and nephews. She was the mother of the late Brian Cates, sister of the late Americo Marzilli and twin sister of the late Louis E. Marzilli.
Her Committal Service will be held on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 10AM in the Notre Dame Mausoleum, 1540 Stafford Rd., Fall River. Arrangements are in the care of the Waring-Sullivan Home at Cherry Place in Fall River.
- The late Dallas Cates, Husband
- The late Elenterio and Caroline (Gemma) Marzilli, Parents
- Donald Cates and his wife Gina, Son
- Richard Marzilli, Brother
- Albert Marzilli, Brother
- Sandra Cates, Daughter-in-law
- The late Brian Cates, Son
- The late Americo Marzilli, Brother
- The late Louis E. Marzilli, Twin Brother
- Three grandchildren; five great-grandchildren and many nieces and nephews.
- Committal Service Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Anne G. Sowden
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
April 10, 2018
Rip. Give Brian a big hug and kiss for me. I miss him so much. You are lucky. You get to see him in heaven.
April 8, 2018
Rest in peace Annie. Give Brian a big hug and kiss for me up there in Heaven.