Hilda S. Rezendes
August 25, 1922 – November 22, 2018
Hilda Silvia Rezendes, age 96, born August 25, 1922 in Fall River. She passed away Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 22nd at the Sarah Brayton Nursing Home, Fall River.
She was the daughter of the late Antonio and Filomena Silvia. Hilda worked at various dress shops in her early career then at the Royal Garment and finally at the Mayfair/J&M Sportswear until she retired in 1984. She was a lifelong parishioner of Santo Christo Church. She was preceded in death by her husband of 44 years, Victor R. Rezendes, and her brothers Manuel and Jose Silvia.
She is survived by her children: Geraldine James of Fall River and her husband Roger; and Victor S. Rezendes, of Cumberland, MD and his partner John Minnich; grandchildren: Christine Kristofferson and husband Todd; Melissa Duclos and husband Kenny; Rebecca Greenfield and husband Brandon; great grandchildren: Alexis Perry and her partner Nick Qvarnstrom; and Gabrielle Perry; Great-great grandchild, Mason Perry; along with several nieces and nephews.
Her Funeral will be held on Monday, November 26, 2018 at 9:00 AM from the Waring-Sullivan Home at Cherry Place, 178 Winter St., Fall River followed by her Mass of Christian Burial at 10:00 AM in Santo Christo Church, Columbia St., Fall River. Burial will be in Notre Dame Cemetery, Fall River. Visiting hours are Sunday from 6:00 – 8:00 PM. For tributes and directions, www.waring-sullivan.com
- The late Victor R. Rezendes, Husband
- The late Filomena (Moniz) Silvia, Mother
- The late Antonio Silvia, Father
- Geraldine S. James and her husband Roger, Daughter
- Victor S. Rezendes and his partner John Minnich, Son
- Christine Kristofferson, Granddaughter
- Melissa Perry, Granddaughter
- Rebecca Greenfield, Granddaughter
- Alexis Perry, Great Granddaughter
- Gabriella Perry, Great Granddaughter
- Visitation Sunday, November 25, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, November 26, 2018
- Funeral Mass Monday, November 26, 2018
- Burial Monday, November 26, 2018
Hilda S. Rezendes
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
November 24, 2018
I so enjoyed "Aunt Hilda"! She always made me laugh with her unparalleled sense of humour...I always loved visiting her and chatting. Such a refreshing and straight forward lady. She raised two wonderful kids whom I dearly love. May you rest in peace, Hilda.