John R. Ciullo
May 10, 1922 – March 10, 2018
John R. Ciullo, age 95, of Fall River, passed away, Saturday, March 10, 2018 in Charlton Hospital. He was the husband of the late Louise (Fillion) Ciullo.
Born in Fall River, a son of the late Pietro and Bambina (Borelli) Ciullo, he was a graduate of B.M.C. Durfee High School, Class of 1941 and was a life-long resident of Fall River. John served in the United States Army attaining the rank of Sergeant, during WWII as an Engineer in the Pacific Theatre.
Mr. Ciullo was a Groundskeeper at Corrigan Mental Health Center for 16 years, retiring in 1984. A communicant of the former Saint Patrick’s Church in Fall River, he was very active with Holy Rosary Church Baseball during his youth and later a Bowler in the City League at Walko Alley. John was an avid New England Patriots fan and loved spending time with family, especially his grandchildren and great grandchildren.
He is survived by two sons, Ronald R. Ciullo of Fall River and Robert J. Ciullo and his wife Kathleen of Bridgewater; three grandchildren, Karen Ciullo-Fiore and her husband Jonathan, Allison Ciullo-Goldberg and her husband Lane and Matthew Ciullo and his companion Lauren Robbins; two great Grandchildren, C.J. Goldberg and Anneliese Fiore; a sister-in-law, Eva Ciullo and several nieces and nephews.He was also the brother of the late Doris Capone, Rose Mauretti, Ralphine R. Ciullo, Nellie Mauretti, Marietta Pieroni, Jerry A. Ciullo, Anthony Ciullo and Joseph W. Ciullo.
His funeral mass will be held on Friday, March 16, 2018 at 10:00 AM in Holy Rosary Chapel, 120 Beattie St., Fall River. Burial will be in St. Patrick’s Cemetery, 2233 Robeson St., Fall River. Visiting hours are Thursday from 4:00 to 7:00 PM in the Waring-Sullivan Home at Cherry Place, 178 Winter St., Fall River. For tributes and online registration: www.waring-sullivan.com.
- The late Louise (Fillion) Ciullo, Wife
- The late Pietro and Bambina (Borelli) Ciullo, Parents
- Ronald R. Ciullo, Son
- Robert J. Ciullo and his wife Kathleen, Son
- Karen Giullo-Fiore and her husband Jonathan, Granddaughter
- Allison Ciullo-Goldberg and her husband Lane, Granddaughter
- Matthen Ciullo and his companion Lauren Robbins, Grandson
- C.J. Goldberg, Great Grandson
- Anneliese Fiore, Great Granddaughter
- Eva Ciullo, Sister-in-law
- Several nieces and nephews. He was also the brother of the late Doris Capone, Rose Mauretti, Ralphine R. Ciullo, Nellie Mauretti, Marietta Pieroni, Jerry A. Ciullo, Anthony Ciullo and Joseph W. Ciullo.
- Visitation Thursday, March 15, 2018
- Funeral Mass Friday, March 16, 2018
John R. Ciullo
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
March 13, 2018
Our deepest condolences to John's sons and family, John will be greatly missed. He wasn't just a Neighbor he was family and treated us like family. Now he lays to rest in God's hands with his beloved wife in heaven that he spoke so often about, which we also had the pleasure knowing and spending time with.
With deepest sympathies;
Joshua, Cherie, Serah, Angel, Gene , Steven, Keith and Tanya Ouellette