Dorothy Bernice Atkins
June 26, 1925 – July 6, 2021
Dorothy Bernice Atkins, age 96, of Muldoon, Texas passed away on Tuesday, July 6, 2021. Dorothy was born June 26, 1925 in Muldoon, Texas to Susie Mae (McClanahan) Helton and James Thomas Helton.
Dorothy was a member of Santa Rosa Rebekah Lodge #263, VFW Ladies Auxiliary Post #8930, 602 Tank Distroyer Battalion Assoc. WWII and American Legion Auxiliary Unit #459.
Dorothy is survived by daughter-in-law Billie Atkins of Waller, Texas; and step daughter Jeannette Byrd (Gary) of Shore Acers; grandsons Dwight Atkins of Waller, Texas and William Thomas Atkins (Gayla) of Missouri; granddaughter Tammy Duhon (Dan) of Louisiana; numerous great grandchildren, great great grandchildren, nieces, nephews and best friend Mary Moore.
Dorothy was preceded in death by her husband Thomas H. Atkins, Sr.; son Thomas H. Atkins, Jr.; father James Thomas Helton and mother Susie Mae (McClanahan) Helton; sister Nelden Labyer and sister Joyce Augiest; niece Susie Labyer Rice and partner Willie Russell.
A visitation for Dorothy will be held Thursday, July 15, 2021 starting at 12:00 PM at Smith Funeral Home in Flatonia, Texas with a funeral service following at 2:00 PM. Burial will occur at Byler Cemetery in Muldoon, Texas.
Serving as pallbearers are William Thomas Atkins, Dwight Howard Atkins, Bradley Boyd Labyer, Dan Duhon, Kenneth Fulkerson and Gary Byrd. Honorary pallbearers are Donny Duhon, Riley Wilson, Will Russell, Bobby Worsley, Chris Jireik and Kelly Eager.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Dorothy's memory may be made to Diabetes & Cancer Assoc. of America.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.smithfuneralhomeflatonia.com for the Atkins family.
Smith Funeral Home - 128 East 5th Street, Flatonia, Tx 78941 Phone #361-596-4631
- Thomas H. Atkins, Sr., Husband (deceased)
- James Thomas Helton, Father (deceased)
- Susie Mae (McClanahan) Helton, Mother (deceased)
- Thomas H. Atkins, Jr., Son (deceased)
- Billie Atkins, Daughter-in-law
- Nelden Labyer, Sister (deceased)
- Joyce Augiest, Sister (deceased)
- Susie Labyer Rice, Niece (deceased)
- Dwight Atkins, Grandson
- William Thomas Atkins (Gayla), Grandson
- Tammy Duhon (Dan), Granddaughter
- Jeannette Byrd (Gary), Step daughter
- Dorothy also leaves behind numerous great grandchildren, great great grandchildren, nieces, nephews and best friend Mary Moore to cherish her memories.
- William Thomas Atkins
- Dwight Howard Atkins
- Bradley Boyd Labyer
- Dan Duhon
- Kenneth Fulkerson
- Gary Byrd
- Donny Duhon, Honorary
- Riley Wilson, Honorary
- Will Russell, Honorary
- Bobby Worsley, Honorary
- Chris Jireik, Honorary
- Kelly Eager, Honorary
- Diabetes & Cancer Assoc. of America
Thursday, July 15, 2021
Thursday, July 15, 2021