Dorothy V. Pargac
March 27, 1925 – December 16, 2019
It is with great sorrow to announce that Dorothy Victoria Pargac, 94, passed away on December 16, 2019. Dorothy was born on March 27, 1925 in Holman, TX to Anton and Theresia (Ripper) Walla. She had 4 brothers and 5 sisters.
Dorothy had a strong love of family, first her siblings and then the family she and husband of 56 years, Frank Pargac, created. Frank and Dorothy moved to Houston to start their careers and family. Dorothy was a country girl at heart and she and Frank returned to Fayette County after both retired from Cy-Fair ISD. She was a creative person and had a passion for making quilts, decorating her home, and gardening (taking special pride in her roses). She found enjoyment in fishing and the weekly family fish fries and BBQ’s. She loved people and was known for her animated storytelling. She also enjoyed the outdoors, her dogs and her adopted kitties.
Dorothy was a member of the Sacred Heart Catholic Church choir in Flatonia, most recently St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church in Schulenburg.
She loved Christmas and looked forward to spending it surrounded by family, which she was able to do 2 days before passing. This year she will spend Christmas with Frank and daughter, Norma Jean, in their heavenly home.
Dorothy was preceded in death by husband Frank, daughter Norma Jean, and grandson Robert Wilson. She is survived by her sister Jean Walla Gering (Bob Gering), son Frank (Debbie Leh-Pargac), and daughter Carolyn (Jim Wilson). Grandchildren Robert Pargac (Maria Pargac), Kimberly Wilson Broesche (Kenneth Broesche), Amanda Wilson Spruiell (David Spruiell) and great-grandchildren Emma and Noah Broesche, Alex and Luke Spruiell, and numerous nieces and nephews.
Visitation is scheduled at Smith Funeral Home in Flatonia on Wednesday December 18th from 5-6 pm. Rosary will be held at 10 am with the Funeral Mass at 10:30, at St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church in Schulenburg on December 19th. Burial will be at Ascension of Our Lord Catholic Cemetery in Moravia following the Mass.
Words of comfort can be sent to the family at www.smithfuneralhomeflatonia.com Smith Funeral Home – 128 East 5th St. – Flatonia Texas 78941 – Phone 361-865-3311
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Gardenia Janssen Animal Shelter in La Grange, Tx.
- Frank Eugene Pargac, Husband (deceased)
- Anton Walla, Father (deceased)
- Teresa Walla, Mother (deceased)
- Frank Pargac (Debbie Leh-Pargac), Son
- Carolyn Wilson (Jim Wilson), Daughter
- Jean Walla Gehring (Bob Gering), Sister
- Norma Jean Pargac, Daughter (deceased)
- Robert Wilson, Grandchild (deceased)
- Robert Pargac (Maria Pargac), Grandchild
- Kimberly Wilson Broesche (Kenneth Broesche), Grandchild
- Amanda Wilson Spruiell (David Spruiell), Grandchild
- Emma Broesche, Great Grandchild
- Noah Broesche, Great Grandchild
- Alex Spruiell, Great Grandchild
- Luke Spru, Great Grandchild
4 Brothers (deceased)
5 Sisters (deceased)
Numerous Nieces and Nephews
- Visitation Wednesday, December 18, 2019
- Rosary Thursday, December 19, 2019
- Funeral Mass Thursday, December 19, 2019
- Burial Thursday, December 19, 2019
Dorothy V. Pargac
December 18, 2019
I have many fond memories of Mamaw! She always had a smile on her face. Memories of driving around the farm in the golf cart with her and catching fish in the pond and then having a fish fry which was a weekend ritual.
December 17, 2019
Frank and family and Carolyn and family,so sorry for you all loss . Enjoyed visiting with you all when I was younger and thought a lot of all of you! She lived a good life always trim and proper,she was ready to join Uncle Frank.Love Ann Marie