Emil John Lev
October 8, 1927 – August 14, 2018
Emil John Lev, age 90, of Flatonia, Texas, passed away August 14, 2018 in Praha, Texas.
He was born October 8, 1927 to Frank J. and Marie (Novak) Lev in Praha, Texas.
He was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Praha, KJT, Farm Bureau, R.V.O.S., and the Praha Veterans Club.
Emil is survived by his wife of sixty-six years Mary Ann Lev of Flatonia, sons Robert Lev of Flatonia and Stephen Lev and wife Judie of Flatonia, daughters Kathy Pesek of Shiner, Barbara Haenel and husband Jimmy of San Marcos, and Tracy Lev of New Braunfels, grandchildren Stephanie Brazill and husband Jeff, Chris Boerm, Donata Torres and husband Jason, Ashley Spring and husband Kyle, and Dillon Pesek, and great grandchildren Makella Torres, Adalyn Torres, Penelope Torres, Charlotte Brazill, Chase Brazill, Brantley Boerm, Brooklynn Boerm, Brycen Boerm, Becklyn Spring, and Bellami Spring.
He is preceded in death by his parents, son-in-law Bobby Pesek, sisters Mary Okruhlik, Cecilia Lev, Agnes Jasek, Sister Roberta Lev, Stazie Stryk, and Judith Tofel, and brothers John Lev and Charlie Lev. Serving as pallbearers are Chris Boerm, Jeff Brazill, Dillon Pesek, Jason Torres, Kyle Spring, and Ken Stryk. Honorary pallbearers are his nephews, Rev. Earl Bingley, Greg Janca, Mike Griffin, Tom Teykl, Judie Lev, Jimmy Haenel, and Dale Seifert.
Visitation will take place at 11:00am Friday, August 17, 2018 at the Smith Funeral Home Chapel in Flatonia. Rosary will follow at 6:30pm. Funeral Mass will be at 10:00am, Saturday August 18, 2018 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Praha officiated by Father Gabriel Maison. Burial will follow at St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery in Praha. In lieu of flowers contributions can be made to St. Mary's Catholic Church in Praha, Incarnate Word Covenant Victoria, Texas Czech Heritage and Cultural Center, Raphael's Refuge, or Accolade Hospice. Words of comfort can be expressed online at www.SmithFuneralHomeFlatonia.com - Smith Funeral Home 128 East 5th Street Flatonia, Texas 78941 361-865-3311 -
- Frank J. Lev, Father
- Marie "Novak" Lev, Mother
- John Lev, Brother
- Charlie Lev, Brother
- Mary Okruhlik, Sister
- Cecilia Lev, Sister
- Agnes Jasek, Sister
- Sister Roberta Lev, Sister
- Stazie Stryk, Sister
- Judith Tofel, Sister
- Mary Ann Lev, Wife
- Robert Lev, Son
- Stephen Lev, Son
- Judie Lev, Daughter-in-law
- Kathy Pesek, Daughter
- Bobby Pesek, Son-in-law
- Barbara Haenel, Daughter
- Jimmy Haenel, Son-in-law
- Tracy Lev, Daughter
- Bridget Lev, Sister-in-law
- Mr. Lev also leaves behind five grandchildren Stephanie Brazill and husband Jeff, Chris Boerm, Donata Torres and husband Jason, Ashley Spring and husband Kyle, and Dillon Pesek and ten great-grandchildren Makell Torres, Adalyn Torres, Penelope Torres, Charlotte Brazill, Chase Brazill, Brantley Boerm, Brooklynn Boerm, Brycen Boerm, Becklyn Spring, and Bellami Spring and numerous nieces and nephews behind to cherish his memory.
- Chris Boerm, Pallbearer
- Jeff Brazill, Pallbearer
- Dillon Pesek, Pallbearer
- Jason Torres, Pallbearer
- Kyle Spring, Pallbearer
- Ken Stryk, Pallbearer
- Rev. Earl Bingley, Honorary Pallbearer
- Greg Janca, Honorary Pallbearer
- Mike Griffin, Honorary Pallbearer
- Tom Teykl, Honorary Pallbearer
- Judie Lev, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jimmy Haenel, Honorary Pallbearer
- Dale Seifert , Honorary Pallbearer
- All his nephews, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Friday, August 17, 2018
- Rosary Friday, August 17, 2018
- Funeral Mass Saturday, August 18, 2018
- Burial Saturday, August 18, 2018
Emil John Lev
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
December 1, 2018
Daddy, I miss you, your smile & cute sayings! You & Mommy are now together like always. You know I love you& always will. Barbie
Vaclav (Jim) Jasek
August 30, 2018
Dear cousin, Mary Ann. I am so sorry to hear about Emil's death. Always enjoyed seeing you two together at mass in Praha. Seeing Emil always made me feel honored. His goodness and love of God I could feel.
May God bless Emil and all of us so that one day we will all be together with Him.
Randy & Carol Barta
August 17, 2018
So very sorry for your loss. Mr. was such a joy to see in church every Saturday evening and waving at the Sign of Peace....All of the family are in our prayers. Randy and Carol