September 24, 1922 – February 3, 2019
Estelle Blackwell, age 96 passed away on Sunday February 3, 2019 in Schulenburg, Texas.
Estelle was born September 24, 1922 to Charles and Emma (Hoffman) Fleck in Weimer, TX.
She loved cooking, baking, dancing, her flower garden C&W music and gospel, church, and taking care of her animals. Estelle was a member of the Flatonia Baptist Church, American Legion Auxiliary, and a Charter member of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Posse.
Estelle is survived by her son William Carroll Blackwell and wife Connie, daughters Elaine Hanberry, Janice Day and husband Randy, Terry Bowling and husband Dan and Sherry Lamar and husband Brad and sister-in-law Marie Darling.
Estelle was preceded in death by her husband William Roy Blackwell; daughter Yvette "Gee" Mallams; father Charles Fleck and mother Emma (Hoffman) Fleck; Brother Charles Fleck; Sisters Ruth Jackson, Ruby Byler, and Beatrice Davis; grandsons Jonathan Lamar and James McDougal, and great grandchildren Jace McDougal, and Ashley Blackwell.
Visitation is scheduled for 1:00pm Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at the Smith Funeral Home Chapel in Flatonia. Funeral Service will occur at 10:00am Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at the Flatonia Baptist Church with Pastor Tim Rowell officiating. Burial will follow at Pitman Cemetery in Muldoon.
Serving as pallbearers are Jeff Lamar, Danny Bowling, Royce McDougal, JR McDougal, Bryan Blackwell, Dustin Blackwell and Jamey Hynds.
- Charles Fleck, Father (deceased)
- Emma (Hoffman) Fleck, Mother (deceased)
- Charles Fleck Jr., Brother (deceased)
- Ruth Jackson, Sister (deceased)
- Ruby Byler, Sister (deceased)
- Beatrice Davis, Sister (deceased)
- Marie Darling, Sister-in-law
- William Roy Blackwell, Husband (deceased)
- William Carroll Blackwell, Son
- Connie Blackwell, Daughter-in-law
- Elaine Hanberry, Daughter
- Janice Day, Daughter
- Randy Day, Son-in-law
- Terry Bowling, Daughter
- Dan Bowling, Son-in-law
- Sherry Lamar, Daughter
- Brad Lamar, Son-in-law
- Yvette "Gee" Mallams, Daughter (deceased)
- Jonathan Lamar, Grandson (deceased)
- James Woodard McDougal Jr., Grandson (deceased)
- Jace McDougal, Great Grandchild (deceased)
- Ashley Blackwell, Great Grandchild (deceased)
- Ms. Blackwell also leaves behind eighteen grandchildren, thirty-four great-grandchildren, and seven great-great-grandchildren to cherish her memory/
- Jeff Lamar, Pallbearer
- Danny Bowling, Pallbearer
- Royce McDougal, Pallbearer
- JR McDougal, Pallbearer
- Bryan Blackwell, Pallbearer
- Dustin Blackwell, Pallbearer
- Jamey Hynds, Pallbearer
- Visitation Tuesday, February 5, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, February 6, 2019
- Burial Wednesday, February 6, 2019
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
February 6, 2019
Janice and Family.....please accept my heartfelt condolences for the loss of your Mom. She certainly lived a long and fruitful life and I know she will be missed greatly. May God bless and comfort each of you during this time and may she rest in peace.
February 6, 2019
I remember visiting aunt Estelle as a very young child. She was always very gracious and kind. I remember all of the sisters getting together for photos and making sure they were all turned to show the most "flattering side"! She was strict in her values and a true southern lady. Heaven will never be the same with the sisters getting together. RIP sweet lady. ❤❤
Dean & Linda Polk
February 5, 2019
She was a beautiful lady. So sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with your family.
Melba Fay Young
February 5, 2019
Estelle was the perfect example of a true Southern lady. Her kind demeanor and loving heart always greeted the people she met. I will forever cherish the visits we shared wherever we met. My sincere sympathy to each of her family members. She set a high bar for you to acquire with her character.