Frankie Louise Segelquist
November 13, 1932 – July 4, 2021
FRANKIE LOUISE SEGELQUIST was born November 13, 1932, in Texas City, Texas to Frank and Ida Louise Kent. She passed away at home in Magnolia, Texas, on July 4, 2021 at the age of 88.
Frankie is survived by her daughter, Vicki O’Meara and her husband Richard, her son Virgil Hipp and wife Penny, stepson Billy Segelquist and wife Donna, stepdaughters Connie Chamblee and Lisa Ford and sister Betty Lou Russell. She is also survived by granddaughters Kari Bryant and husband Luke, Kimberly Hunt and husband John; Rachel Rogstad and husband John and grandson Kenneth Hipp and wife Amber. Frankie had 16 great-grandchildren and one great-great grandchild, and many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, her oldest daughter Sandra Thornton and her husband Alfred ‘Daniel’ Segelquist.
Frankie and Daniel married and lived in Alvin, Texas until he retired and moved first to Fredricksburg and then to Flatonia. In 2019 she moved to her daughter and son-in-law’s in Hockley, Texas and finally to Memory Lane Assisted Living in Magnolia, Texas.
Frankie welcomed her huge family and friends with open arms. She was a loving and giving person. She always had a “twinkle” in her eyes and loved being around people. She enjoyed reading, sewing and quilting. More than anything else, Frankie loved God. Even with dementia she was delighted to hear about the Lord Jesus and took great joy and comfort in her strong faith. She loved listening to Jim Reeves Gospel songs almost daily.
She was a very active member of Zion Lutheran Church in Schulenburg, Texas. While living with her daughter in Hockley, Texas she regularly visited LifeBridge Missouri Synod Lutheran Church in Cypress, Texas.
A memorial service will be held at Zion Lutheran Church in Schulenburg, Texas, on Friday, July 16, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. with a small luncheon to follow.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.smithfuneralhomeflatonia.com for the Segelquist family.
Smith Funeral Home - 128 East 5th Street, Flatonia, Tx 78941 Phone #361-865-3311
- Alfred Daniel Segelquist, Husband (deceased)
- Frank Kent, Father (deceased)
- Ida Louise Kent, Mother (deceased)
- Sandra Thornton, Daughter (deceased)
- Vicki O'Meara (Richard), Daughter
- VIrgil Hipp (Penny), Son
- Billy Segelquist (Donna), Step Son
- Connie Chamblee, Step daughter
- Lisa Ford, Step daughter
- Betty Lou Russell, Sister
- Kari Bryant (Luke), Granddaughter
- Kimberly Hunt (John), Granddaughter
- Rachel Rogstad (John), Granddaughter
- Kenneth Hipp (Amber), Grandson
- Frankie also leaves behind 16 great-grandchildren,one great-great grandchild, many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews to cherish her memories.
Friday, July 16, 2021