James C. Strickland
April 13, 1942 – May 22, 2018
James C. Strickland, 76 years old, passed away May 22, 2018 in Austin, Texas.
He was born April 13, 1942 in Poteet, Texas to Cecil and Rosalie (Niell) Strickland.
He was a member of Flatonia Baptist Church, Natural Gas Men Association, and the Believers Quartet.
James is survived by his wife of 55 years Barbara of Flatonia, son James R. Strickland of Flatonia, daughter Lana K. Strickland of Cedar Park, TX, four brothers Niell Strickland and wife Shirley of Sugarland, TX, Danny Strickland of New Braunfels, Tim Strickland and wife Carol of Houston, Texas, and Lynn Strickland and wife Mele of Maui, Hawaii.
He is preceded in death by his parents.
The family requests any contributions or donations be made to: South Texas Children’s Home P.O. Box 1210 Beeville, Texas 78104-1210.
- Cecil Strickland, Father
- Rosalie Niell Strickland, Mother
- Niell Strickland, Brother
- Shirley Strickland, Sister-in-law
- Danny Strickland, Brother
- Tim Strickland, Brother
- Carol Strickland, Sister-in-law
- Lynn Strickland, Brother
- Mele Strickland, Sister-in-law
- Barbara Strickland, Wife
- James R. Strickland, Son
- Lana K. Strickland, Daughter
- Rodger Beck, Pallbearer
- Robert Syrinek, Pallbearer
- Charles Griste, Pallbearer
- Ron Knotts, Pallbearer
- Robby Wehmeyer, Pallbearer
- Roy Kolb, Pallbearer
- Barry McKinney, Pallbearer
- Dave McCullough, Pallbearer
- Milton Gullick, Honorary Pallbearer
- Martin Cherry Sr., Honorary Pallbearer
- Larry Stefan, Honorary Pallbearer
- Larry Moore, Honorary Pallbearer
South Texas Children's Home
PO Box 1210, Beeville, Texas 78104-1210
- Visitation Friday, May 25, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, May 26, 2018
- Burial Saturday, May 26, 2018
James C. Strickland
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
James (Jim) Gayle
May 24, 2018
James Strickland was one of the finest gentlemen I ever had the opportunity to meet, work with and call a friend. We worked together back in 1973 in Gas Control for Lo Vaca Gathering Company in Corpus Christi, sharing the same shift many days and nights, and for many years after that we worked for different concerns, but he was always one of my favorite people in the industry and always had my utmost respect.
Mine and Tamara's heart felt condolences go out to Barbara, JR and Lana, as well as to the rest of the family.
Jim & Tamara Gayle
May 23, 2018
I started knowing James when I went to work at Coastal States. He was always a very upbeat, friendly, intelligent gentleman. We worked for many years together in the natural gas pipeline industry. His word was his bond.
Will always remember James as a friend.