July 26, 1944 – September 7, 2019
Santana Velasquez, age 75 of Waelder, Tx. passed away on Saturday, Sept. 7, 2019. He was born on July 26, 1944 in Bismark, North Dakota to the late Guillermo Carrillo, Sr. and Guadalupe Martinez. He was adopted and raised by the late Atanacia M. Velasquez. He was a member of St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Waelder, Texas. Santana was preceded in death by his parents and numerous sisters and brothers. He is survived by his wife of 55 years – Mary Velasquez, one son – Guadalupe Velasquez (Rita) of Buda, five daughters - Melinda Caballero (Michael Sr.) of Waelder, Lisa Brown (Roscellus Sr.) of Buda, JoAnn Ibarra (Adolph Gonzales) of Waelder, Stephanie Velasquez of Gonzales and Christina Acosta of Austin, one brother – Guillermo “Willie” Carrillo, Jr. of San Antonio, one sister– Sophie Martinez of San Antonio, nineteen grandchildren and ten great-grandchildren. Pallbearers – Caleb Ibarra, Chris Velasquez, Matthew Velasquez-Banda, Jason Velasquez-Banda, Roscellus Brown, Jr., Zachary Velasquez, Jiovani Acosta and Freddie Noyola. Visitation will begin at 11:00 am Friday, Sept. 13, 2019, followed by a Rosary at 7:00 pm Friday, Sept 13, 2019 at Smith Funeral Home in Flatonia, Texas. Funeral Mass will be held at 12:30 pm, Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019 at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, Waelder Tx, with Father Paul Raaz officiating. Burial will follow at Waelder Community Cemetary.
Words of comfort can be sent to the family at www.smithfuneralhomeflatonia.com Smith Funeral Home – 128 East 5th St. – Flatonia Texas 78941 – Phone 361-865-3311
- Mary Valasquez, Wife
- Guillermo Carrillo Sr., Father (deceased)
- Atanacia M. Velasquez, Mother (deceased)
- Guadalupe Martinez, Mother (deceased)
- Guadalupe Velazquez, Son
- Rita Velasquez, Daughter-in-law
- Melinda Caballero, Daughter
- Michael Caballero Sr., Son-in-law
- Lisa Brown, Daughter
- Roscellus Brown Sr., Son-in-law
- JoAnn Ibarra, Daughter
- Adolph Gonzales, Son-in-law
- Stephanie Velasquez, Daughter
- Christina Acosta, Daughter
- Guillermo "Willie" Carrillo Jr., Brother
- Sophie Martinez, Sister
- Santana also leaves 19 grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren to cherish his memories. He was also preceded in death by numerous sisters and brothers.
- Caleb Ibarra, Active
- Chris Velasquez, Active
- Matthew Velasquez-Banda, Active
- Jason Velasquez-Banda, Active
- Roscellus Brown Jr., Active
- Zachary Velasquez, Active
- Jiovani Acosta, Active
- Freddie Noyola, Active
- Visitation Friday, September 13, 2019
- Rosary Friday, September 13, 2019
- Funeral Mass Saturday, September 14, 2019
- Burial Saturday, September 14, 2019
September 11, 2019
In 1990, JoAnn introduced me to her family and that’s where I met Santana. I realized that when I became friends with JoAnn, I became friends with her entire family. The love she and her siblings shared with you was as if I’d known them all my life.
That’s a testament of one of the many values their parents instilled in them. I’m so fortunate and blessed to have known, shared a joke, a conversation and a hug with
My deepest condolences to the entire family.
September 11, 2019
With deepest sympathy to the family...
May God give you strength during this difficult time. .May Holy Spirit give comfort to your hearts...
HEAVEN Has gained another angel.....Rest In Peace.....
September 10, 2019
My deepest condolences to the entire family, I’m so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately I am unable to attend but my memories of Tana I cherish , Rest easy sweet sweet Santana ( and hug my papa moon for me) 🙏
September 10, 2019
My sincere condolences to my cousin Mary and the entire family. You are in my prayers as you go thru this devastating time. May God give you peace and comfort. He was truly a blessing in our lives. Rest in Peace, Santana.