Elsie "Granny or Gram" Virginia Ferguson
September 19, 1916 – July 21, 2018
Elsie Ferguson, better known as Granny or Gram, peacefully passed away at home on Saturday, July 21st at the age of 101. She was born Sept. 19, 1916 in Wythe County, VA and moved to Ft. Pierce, FL in 1970. Elsie worked at hospitals, hotels and nursing homes until she was 80, then started her own fruit and vegetable stand on Orange Ave. where she also sold her baked goods, pickles, jellies and jams well into her 90’s. She was known far and wide for her banana bread, apple butter, and pickles.
Survivors include her son, Frank Lambert of Ft. Pierce, 11 grandchildren; Carol Burnett and Donald Sizemore of Northfork, WV, Cherie Blickenstaff of Jupiter, FL, Glynna Summers of Cocoa, FL, Michael Flippen of Fayetville, NC, Paula Burnell of Ft. Pierce, FL, Gina Hancock of Ft. Pierce, Renita Sidrane of Palm Desert, CA, Joe Lambert of Mims, FL, and Marnita Oriell and Richard Oriell of OH.
She is also survived by 23 great-grandchildren, more than 25 great-great-great grandchildren and 4 great-great-great-great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by husbands Garrett Lambert, Martin Tipton and David Ferguson as well as her children Robert Lambert of WV, Loretta Flippen of Ft. Pierce, Mary Sizemore of WV, Eula Oriell of OH, Paul Lambert of Ft. Pierce and grandchildren Brenda Lambert and Robert Flippen Jr. of Ft. Pierce.
Visitation to be held on Thursday, July 26, 9:30-11:30 at Aycock Funeral Home, 6026 N. US Hwy. 1 followed by a Graveside Service at Hillcrest Memorial Gardens at the same address. A Celebration of Life potluck gathering will be held at 1:30 at the fellowship hall of her church, Sunrise Tabernacle, 3280 S. 25th Street.
- Benjamin F York, Father
- Shriver Edmonds York, Mother
- Garrett Lambert, Husband
- Martin Tipton, Husband
- David Ferguson, Husband
- Robert Lambert, Son
- Loretta Flippen, Daughter
- Mary Sizemore, Daughter
- Eula Oriell, Daughter
- Paul Lambert, Son
- Brenda Lambert, Granddaughter
- Robert Flippen, Grandson
- Frank Lambert, Son
- Carol Burnett, Granddaughter
- Donald Sizemore, Grandson
- Cherie Blickenstaff, Granddaughter
- Glynna Summers, Granddaughter
- Michael Flippen, Grandson
- Paula Burnell, Granddaughter
- Gina Hancock, Granddaughter
- Renita Sidrane, Granddaughter
- Joe Lambert, Grandson
- Marnita Oriell, Granddaughter
- Richard Oriell, Grandson
- She is also survived by 23 great-grandchildren, more than 25 great-great-great grandchildren and 4 great-great-great-great grandchildren.
- Visitation Thursday, July 26, 2018
- Graveside Service Thursday, July 26, 2018