January 30, 1927 – January 12, 2020
Barbara Hutcheson, 92, of Fort Smith, passed away Sunday, January 12, 2020. She was born January 30, 1927 In Van Buren to the late George and Bessie Blain Lonsbury. She was a member of Christ the King Catholic Church and a retired secretary in the social sciences department at Westark College. In addition to her parents, she is preceded in death by her husband, Lafe Hutcheson; a son, Michael Hutcheson; a sister, Wilma Rogers; and two brothers, George and John Lonsbury.
Services will be private, burial will be at the Fort Smith National Cemetery. Public Viewing will be from 12:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Thursday at the funeral home. Arrangements are under the direction of Fentress Mortuary in Fort Smith.
She is survived by two daughters, Kristine Garner and her husband Brian, of Van Buren and Colleen Wilson and her husband Jim, of Horn Lake, MS; a daughter-in-law, Sharon Hutcheson of Dardanelle; and two sisters, Helen McIntyre of Schulenburg, TX and Margie Clinkenbeard and her husband Harlan, of Waukesha, WI. She is also survived by five grandchildren and fourteen great grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Christ the King Education Endowment Fund, 1918 S. Greenwood Avenue, Fort Smith, AR 72901.
- Lafe Hutcheson, Husband (deceased)
- Kristine Garner and her husband Brian, Daughter
- Colleen Wilson and her husband Jim, Daughter
- Michael Hutcheson, Son (deceased)
- Sharon Hutcheson, Daughter-in-law
- George and Bessie Blain Lonsbury, Parents (deceased)
- Wilma Rogers, Sister (deceased)
- Helen McIntyre, Sister
- Margie Clinkenbeard and her husband Harlan, Sister
- George Lonsbury, Brother (deceased)
- John Lonsbury, Brother (deceased)
- Barbara is also survived by five grandchildren and fourteen great grandchildren.
Christ the King Education Endowment Fund
1918 S. Greenwood Avenue, Fort Smith, Arkansas 72901
- Public Viewing Thursday, January 16, 2020
- Private Service
January 15, 2020
Barbara was a very special Lady. I couldn’t have asked for a better Mother-in-law and I will miss her very much, as I know her family and friends will. Thank you for being a part of my life and I will always remember you. God Bless.