January 14, 1937 – September 29, 2019
Jean Summerhill, 82, of Fort Smith, AR passed away on September 29, 2019. She was born January 14, 1937 in Lavaca, Arkansas to Ollie Chatman Sosebee and Alma Alice Neal Sosebee. She was a cook for many years at the Ray Baker Senior Citizen Center and worked at Wal-Mart on Zero Street. Jean enjoyed the holidays especially decorating for Christmas. Her greatest joy came from spending time with family and friends. She was preceded in death by her husband, Buford Summerhill; two daughters, Kathy Summerhill and Gina McMurtery; one son, Darren Summerhill.
Jean is survived by one daughter and son-in-law, Tina and Steve Olson of Alma; three grandchildren, Christopher McMurtery & wife Michelle of Fort Smith, Chancey Olson & Audrey Hammond of Fort Smith, Camden Olson & Maggie Beltran of Alma; one great grandchild, Bentley McMurtery of Fort Smith; best friend, Shirley Carter of Fort Smith and numerous extended family.
Funeral service will be 2 pm Thursday, October 3, 2019 at Edwards Funeral Home Chapel in Fort Smith, AR. with burial to follow at Hickory Ridge Cemetery in Lavaca. Visitation will be 6 pm till 8 pm, Wednesday, October 2, 2019 at Edwards Funeral Home.
Pallbearers will be Chris McMurtery, Chancey Olson, Camden Olson, Harold Sosebee Jr, Scott Bowling and Jeff Bowling.
Services are entrusted to Edwards Funeral Home in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
- Buford Summerhill, Husband (deceased)
- Kathy Summerhill, Daughter (deceased)
- Gina McMurtery, Daughter (deceased)
- Tina Olson and husband Steve, Daughter
- Darren Summerhill, Son (deceased)
- Alma Alice Neal Sosebee, Mother (deceased)
- Ollie Chatman Sosebee, Father (deceased)
- Christopher McMurtery & wife Michelle, Grandchild
- Chancey Olson & Audrey Hammond, Grandchild
- Camden Olson & Maggie Beltran, Grandchild
- Bentley McMurtery, Great Grandchild
- Shirley Carter, Best Friend
- Jean is also survived by her numerous extended family members.
- Chris McMurtery, Active Pallbearer
- Chancey Olson, Active Pallbearer
- Camden Olson, Active Pallbearer
- Harold Sosebee, Jr, Active Pallbearer
- Scott Bowling, Active Pallbearer
- Jeff Bowling, Active Pallbearer
- Viewing and Visitation Wednesday, October 2, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, October 3, 2019
October 2, 2019
Praying for the family, Jean was such a kind, caring, and generous lady who will be missed so much.