Joe Hendrix Rowland
September 6, 1929 – March 15, 2020
Joe Hendrix Rowland, 90, of Fort Smith, passed away Sunday, March 15, 2020. He was born September 6, 1929 in Fayetteville, Arkansas to Arlis M. Rowland and Dorothy Swink-Rowland. Joe served in the Army during the Korean Conflict. He worked for more than forty years as a Medical Lab Technician. He was a long time member of First Free Will Baptist Church on Armour Avenue in Fort Smith, AR. He loved to bowl and had many awards to prove it. He was also a member of the Fort Smith River Blenders (men’s singing group) for over 25 years. Joe loved to sing and serenade the staff and residents of Chapel Ridge Health and Rehab, where the staff took such good care of him. The family is so grateful to these wonderful people.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Virginia Robertson-Rowland; step-son, Scott Robertson; two brothers, Jack and Billy Rowland; one sister, Jerry Anne Green.
Joe is survived by one step-son, David Robertson (Roberta) of Fort Smith; two step-daughters, Helen Dill (Mike) of Oklahoma City, OK, Irene Robertson of Fort Smith; one brother, Robert Rowland of Irving, TX; seven grandchildren; eleven great grandchildren; three great great grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
Funeral Service with 11 A.M. on Friday, March 20, 2020 in Edwards Funeral Home Chapel with burial to follow at Fort Smith National Cemetery. Visitation will be 6 PM till 7 PM on Thursday, March 19, 2020 at Edwards Funeral Home.
- Virginia Robertson-Rowland, Wife (deceased)
- Scott Robertson, Step son (deceased)
- David Robertson and wife Roberta, Step son
- Helen Dill and husband Mike, Step daughter
- Irene Robertson, Step daughter
- Dorothy Swink-Rowland, Mother (deceased)
- Arlis M. Rowland, Father (deceased)
- Jerry Anne Green, Sister (deceased)
- Jack Rowland, Brother (deceased)
- Billy Rowland, Brother (deceased)
- Robert Rowland, Brother
- Joe is also survived by his seven grandchildren, eleven great grandchildren, three great great grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
- Viewing and Visitation Thursday, March 19, 2020
- Funeral Service Friday, March 20, 2020
Joe Hendrix Rowland
March 22, 2020
So sorry to hear of Joe's passing. Great memories of those years of bowling with Joe at Holiday Lanes and Midland Bowl. May he rest in the arms of the Lord. John Kizer