Larry E. Ulmer
August 9, 1950 – May 12, 2019
Larry E. Ulmer, 68, of Fort Smith, Arkansas passed away on May 12, 2019. He was born August 9, 1950 in Fort Smith, AR to J. Garrett Ulmer and Evelyn Ulmer. Larry was a Sargent in the Air Force during the Vietnam Conflict and received the Air Force Commendation Medal. He was a lifetime member of VFW #8384 in Muldrow, OK and the Paralyzed Veterans of America. He worked most of his life as a sales manager and national sales manager for numerous car dealerships in Fort Smith and Florida.
Larry was preceded in death by his parents; brother, Gary D. Ulmer; and his first wife, Gloria Means Ulmer. He is survived by his loving wife, Liz of the home; sister, Pam Hall (Larry G.) of Muldrow, OK; brother, Bob Ulmer of Sallisaw, OK; brother and sister-in-law, Gerald Milam (Margaret) of Cecil, AR; sister–in-law, Teresa Milam of Ozark, AR; step-daughter and many loving nieces and nephews.
Memorial Service will be Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 10 a.m. in Edwards Funeral Home Chapel with burial to follow at the U.S. National Cemetery in Fort Smith.
Honorary Pallbearers will be Paralyzed Veterans of America.
- Liz Ulmer, Wife
- Gloria Means Ulmer Ulmer, First wife
- J. Garrett and Evelyn Ulmer, Parents
- Pam Hall and husband Larry G., Sister
- Gary D. Ulmer, Brother
- Gerald Milam and wife Margaret, Brother
- Bob Ulmer, Brother
- Teresa Milam, Sister-in-law
- Larry is also survived by his step-daughter and many loving nieces and nephews.
- Paralyzed Veterans of America, Honorary Bearer
- Memorial Service Thursday, May 16, 2019
- Burial with Military Honors